Gamestop? Is this really legal?

Bartlebycs

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this article during my daily browse. I'm just wondering if this can be considered thievery or not?

Now, I would never go after a whole frackin' kiosk like the guys in the video. I'd be only interested in the games themselves. I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this? If I could legally get away with it, I'll go for it.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just like the article said, you have to check your local ordinances. I used to work for a Base Exchange in the stock room. We used to throw out thousands in merchandise, but we destroyed it first. What a waste.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How funny, One of my daughters is a assistant manager at a GameStop store. I'll ask her if my TN friends can have the okay to come on the property and load up trash bags full of dead stock video games. I wonder? when the games gets thrown in the trash is it then the property of Waste Management?

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any trash guys hee? I am curious if you go through game stop or other retail store dumpsters for goodies. HH

Witchdumpling

Oct 13, 2014
Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Tip: ask the manager/assistant manager if they have any posters or standees in the dumpster and they will probably give you permission, then you can go back there legally and tell the security you have permission

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread