Garage sale ACL bottle finds today!

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to a garage sale that promised low low prices ended up being a dealer with dealer prices... I was just about to leave when I seen this box of bottles, he had $12 on the box and I tried to talk him down to $8 but we settled on $10! I would have paid the $12. :evil6:

I have not seen the Broughton's Erie Club in large bottles or in green for that matter. Anybody with a bottle book can you find out what the large green ones are worth?

I even liked the box the bottles came in, it is reinforced with metal! over engineered to the max.

The guy said he usually sells his bottles for $1 a piece at flea markets, where and when should have been my response. I will try to get back in contact with him, maybe he has more. Some of them are $1 bottles but some aren't.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also had another great score today I have to share it!

Paid $6 for this camo jacket worth $100+ !!!

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Barrelhead Root Beer bottle is from the first year of production (1966) and has the Canada dry logo in the center, 1977 they changed it to a mug in the middle. My bottle has a 76 on the bottom.How rare is this and any value?

The Diet LuLu bottle is rare as well it is manufactured here in Ashtabula by the Broughton Beverages Co. , only mention on google was on some guys list of bottles he wants.

I hope there is somebody who can help me with ACL bottles.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok let us please realize that certain phrases can be construed as offensive ,racist and hurtful.Also remember that the language in this post directed back and forth by members was all an easily bannable offense.
I say please read the rules and we shall start over. If that does not work then posting privileges will be suspended. You can politely correct someone without attacking them and calling them names.
Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you can remove the thread I just made as it is kind of a double post now. I figured this thread would be dead, thank you for cleaning it up. Looks better without all the arguing on it.

I really would like to apologize to Epackage, you are a valuable asset to this community and to others I seen. Thank you for the help you gave me recently and for helping others learn about bottles. It is hard to judge peoples intentions and character threw a fiber optic cable.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone is an asset and its easy to make mistakes. Nice to see the high road :thumbsup:.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Bottles !

Sorry I can't help on value , but look like they would make a great addition to a collection.

Thanks for Posting them :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI....If someone makes a statement a member objects to and feels it violates TN rules report it, DO NOT GET INTO AN ARGUMENT IN OPEN FORUM slinging insults at each other.....

BOTH could have been banned or received long time outs for what was posted....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions