Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
...I sold blue jeans at flee mkts about 13 years ago ...... I got them at garage sales for about $1.00 a pair and sold them for $3.50 & $4.00 a pair ......... At that time i was bringing in clear about $400.00 a week end.at flee mkts......And that was all i sold was blue jeans .............. So i thought i would try it again this year ................ So i am picking up jeans at garage sales this year again and am still getting them for a dollar a pair ........... I would go the last day of the sale and late in the day................... I am now selling them for $4.50 & $5.00 a pair......... So far this year i picked up 78 pair........... Went to the flee mkt last week end ...And sold 56 pair ........... so it could be a good summer ........... One thing about jeans those darn things are heavy when you get a lot of them ............

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to laugh at people who did this UNTIL a person explained to me that some of those jeans were very collectable and worth a bunch of money. Not even counting that, you are doing great...

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to laugh at people who did this UNTIL a person explained to me that some of those jeans were very collectable and worth a bunch of money. Not even counting that, you are doing great...
.. Well i have never had the good luck to find a pair of rare jeans yet.........

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
How do you mark jeans for kids? Do you even mess with any jeans that are not adult sizes?

We see people at our flea market that have very worn kids jeans, and they often ask $5 a pair. Not a bargain for me, especially when we can buy brand new and fashionable jeans for the little one for $10 to $12 a pair on sale.

Adult jeans do sell well for us, but we don't focus on them. Maybe I should start giving them a second glance.

We have done well on shorts. I lucked into a bin full of name brand shorts early this spring. I bought about 45 pair at .79 a pound. The wife just about had a cow when I drug those home. The very day that spring arrived here, those Hollister, A&E, Abercrombie, Gap, and Ann Taylor Loft shorts literally started selling like mad. We did list the Under Armor shorts on ebay since they seemed to sell so well.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
clothes are an item I find daily in my foreclosed houses, stuff that is always left behind, on the floors in the closets etc. most of the time that is the most common item we fill the dumpsters with, on occasion I do bring the new stuff home and haven't sold any yet, but haven't tried, mostly for bigger black guys, I found about 15 pair of new shoes, all size 13 in a house and the jeans are for the larger man

Attachments

• DSC04236.JPG
    DSC04236.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC04237.JPG
    DSC04237.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC04238.JPG
    DSC04238.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC04239.JPG
    DSC04239.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC02563.JPG
    DSC02563.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC02570.JPG
    DSC02570.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC03880.JPG
    DSC03880.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC03881.JPG
    DSC03881.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC03886.JPG
    DSC03886.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you mark jeans for kids? Do you even mess with any jeans that are not adult sizes?

We see people at our flea market that have very worn kids jeans, and they often ask $5 a pair. Not a bargain for me, especially when we can buy brand new and fashionable jeans for the little one for $10 to $12 a pair on sale.

Adult jeans do sell well for us, but we don't focus on them. Maybe I should start giving them a second glance.

We have done well on shorts. I lucked into a bin full of name brand shorts early this spring. I bought about 45 pair at .79 a pound. The wife just about had a cow when I drug those home. The very day that spring arrived here, those Hollister, A&E, Abercrombie, Gap, and Ann Taylor Loft shorts literally started selling like mad. We did list the Under Armor shorts on ebay since they seemed to sell so well.
Yes i do not sell kids jeans.... Unless they are like new & then i do sell them for $2.00....I have even give kids jeans away if $2.00 looked like it would hurt the parents pocket ..... On the other jeans i make sure they are all clean & pressed........ But for the most the ones i buy are all ready clean & pressed.........

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
I have seen people firm with some higher prices but as the day goes on and they are selling , they get into some kinda of "giddy" mode where they love the thrill of the sale and would sell those jeans for whatever you ask,lol

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen people firm with some higher prices but as the day goes on and they are selling , they get into some kinda of "giddy" mode where they love the thrill of the sale and would sell those jeans for whatever you ask,lol
Well that is why i go to the garage sales the last day late in the day.........

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clothes are an item I find daily in my foreclosed houses, stuff that is always left behind, on the floors in the closets etc. most of the time that is the most common item we fill the dumpsters with, on occasion I do bring the new stuff home and haven't sold any yet, but haven't tried, mostly for bigger black guys, I found about 15 pair of new shoes, all size 13 in a house and the jeans are for the larger man
Urban wear jeans, not black guy jeans. lol. The shoes will almost fit me, not my style though.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

We do best with larger and unusual sizes on ebay. We seem to get the most money for them, and they seem to sell the fastest. I can't hardly give away a pair of new Nike, size 10, but a brand name shoe in 12 EEEE width will sell as soon as they are listed.

We don't sell many clothes or shoes on ebay, but we do on occasion. Several years ago, a retailer dumped a discontinued boot on ebay for $21 a pair. I bought the remaining stock, which was 6 pairs, IIRC. All of these were wide width boots (all EEEE), and new in the box. I think the shipping was like $12 total for all the pairs. I relisted them for $59 a pair, and sold every pair within a week. In hindsight, I should have listed them at $69 or $79. At the time, I was pretty nervous about the deal because I had never bought something on ebay for the sole purpose of re-flipping it on ebay. I was nervous that the deal was too good to be true, and I had never sold any new shoes on ebay...especially EEEE sizes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread