Garage Sale Find "What Is It"??????

DomAdd

May 26, 2014
St. Louis, Mo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this at a garage sale about a week ago, it was in a box with a few other things. I didn't really get to look through everything in the box until I got home, so I really didn't get to ask anyone at the garage sale any questions about it. It has been bugging me ever since, I cannot for the life of me figure out what the heck it is. I'm normally pretty good at finding names and info about items on the internet but this one has really stumped me. There are no names or marks of any kind anywhere on the item that I can find. I initially thought bird feeder of some sort, or maybe some type of lab equipment, but the base of the stand has an imitation marble like pattern on it so I figured lab equipment wouldnt have fancy things like that on it. It has an opening in the top where a sealed glass globe that has water in it sits on a mesh like screen. At the bottom of the big glass funnel looking thing is a metal stopper,dripper,dispenser type piece. ANY help on figuring out what this thing is will be much appreciated, so I can quit thinking about it so much. Thank you everyone.

Domadd

Attachments

• Oct2114 251.JPG
    Oct2114 251.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 109
  • Oct2114 252.JPG
    Oct2114 252.JPG
    968 KB · Views: 96
  • Oct2114 253.JPG
    Oct2114 253.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • Oct2114 254.JPG
    Oct2114 254.JPG
    890.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Oct2114 255.JPG
    Oct2114 255.JPG
    877.6 KB · Views: 95

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance you can share pictures of the "other" items you found in the lot? This might help me a bit. The style is similar to the aforementioned wine aerator, but seems a bit more primitive (maybe even homemade if the previous owner was a glass blower or chemist).

OP
OP
DomAdd

DomAdd

May 26, 2014
St. Louis, Mo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you 2screwed and mjm579, that was bothering me not knowing what it was. Thats the exact item in the link you posted mjm.... thanks again!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread