Garda Hunting

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What banks does Garda typically service? While my Loomis skunk streak ended spectacularly this week, the majority of my box finds are still Brinks.

While I know it has a whole lot less to do with the armored car than how much silver is being dumped in each region by deposits and circulated back, I'd like to successfully hunt down a Garda bank to try some.

I'm hoping some national banks do use Garda and not just Credit Unions.

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can spray paint your coins to track them easy. the easy way to track garda is to just ask your banks

OP
OP
rckymtn

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm.. most times I ask the tellers or even the merchant/vault tellers have no clue.

OP
OP
rckymtn

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Region 12 Oregon/Washington area try Chase, they use garda.

Will have to keep branching out to outlying areas. All the Chase's I've used are Loomis.

navdoch2o

Greenie
Jan 26, 2013
oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought i saw a post of yours that said you were in region 12 which is the largest so it depends on what area you hunt. I hunt the portland area and I know Chase uses Garda as their armored services and I just found out that Garda and Loomis are pretty much the same. Garda drops the coins at the loomis building for sorting and they also pick up from loomis to take coin orders to the banks they service. Brinks is totally seperate though and thats what i pick up from with my dump banks using loomis trucks or garda trucks. Oh and please don't spray paint, there is already one genius that spray paints rolls of clad with silver paint which is funny because he or her has missed and painted some 40%'s that i've pulled

OP
OP
rckymtn

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and please don't spray paint, there is already one genius that spray paints rolls of clad with silver paint which is funny because he or her has missed and painted some 40%'s that i've pulled

I'm in the Seattle area, but all that makes sense with Loomis/Garda. I have zero interest in spray painting or marking coins.. no time for that.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I just found out that Garda and Loomis are pretty much the same. Garda drops the coins at the loomis building for sorting and they also pick up from loomis to take coin orders to the banks they service.

That must be regional, they are two seperate companies, Garda is Canadian, and Loomis is Swedish.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must be regional, they are two seperate companies, Garda is Canadian, and Loomis is Swedish.
If Garda is Canadian, wouldn't TD bank use Garda nationally since TD is Canadian? However TD won't order halves, I believe.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has all been covered before. Maybe even just last week. It is different in every area. One bank may use Loomis at one branch, and 30 miles down the road a different branch of the same bank may use Brinks. You just have to do a little research in your area. If you are really concerned do a stakeout. You know the delivery days, right?

OP
OP
rckymtn

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still expanding out, ordering from different branches. In my area I have only got the cube boxes (Brinks - preferred) once. Doesn't matter which branch or bank I order from, I end up with long box Loomis. These have only produced in a single box for me. All others have been skunkaroo's. My return order at the branch that had cube boxes resulted in a loomis long box. What a pain in the patootie.

Yet, I see Garda cars driving around. My guess is either I haven't hit the right banks yet (need more bank accounts), or as some have speculated, Garda is carrying Loomis boxes around.

Still not yet convinced that it really matters in the end, as I have yet to see direct evidence that the armored services are culling the silver tide. So each service should equally provide skunk boxes and dream boxes and average boxes.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, Loomis is yellow and white rolls. Guarda comes in the same boxes, but has a black and white roll. If I remember correctly, Brinks is in a cube mostly and has a green and white roll.

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
I felt the same thing that the yellow boxes were skunkier. Until I saw a photo of timzim's operation and he had stacks of the yellow flat boxes. So I'm now convinced it doesn't matter

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Remember, Loomis is yellow and white rolls. Guarda comes in the same boxes, but has a black and white roll. If I remember correctly, Brinks is in a cube mostly and has a green and white roll.

In my area my main two pickup banks uses Garda, and they are all the yellow and white rolls. I believe that this mostly depends on the packaging facility, and varies by region.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
If Garda is Canadian, wouldn't TD bank use Garda nationally since TD is Canadian? However TD won't order halves, I believe.

Some people had luck with TD ordering, but 99% of TD won't order. The coin courier may be locally decided, and not at main headquarters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread