Gare on his horse in Elk Country

Megalomando

Greenie
Nov 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elk County, I was born there. Beautiful country in the Allegheny National Forest.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elk County, I was born there. Beautiful country in the Allegheny National Forest.
Let me WELCOME you to one of the FINER FORUMS on the net :)

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandog good looking horse and daughter

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where were you born over there and where do you live now ?

Megalomando

Greenie
Nov 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! It's always good to find nice people, especially so when there is something unique like metal detecting to share.

I'm from outside of Ridgway & live in CT now.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply :) This forum has MANY MANY smart people . If you need help just ask. someones will help I promise :)
I live near Canton Ohio now

Megalomando

Greenie
Nov 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply :) This forum has MANY MANY smart people . If you need help just ask. someones will help I promise :)
I live near Canton Ohio now
Thank you for your offer to help if asked! So many forums have those that like to show attitude, doesn't matter the material, I guess it's just some human trait that gets magnified when people are at their computer & interacting with others. A forum that has few of those people is always a gift.

There's much for me to learn in metal detecting. I've been into it since 2017 & have a CTX3030 & Nox 800. Recently had a physical issue that makes me slow down & a lighter detector is now a must, so selling the CTX & the 4 coils for it & will stay with the 800 or maybe get a 2nd detector that weighs little and has a different set of skills.

Living in CT there's a lot of colonial finds although most public areas have been hunted for years now. There's always something that's been missed. A few years back I waited till spring, before leaves came out & went to a park area that's always thickly covered in Poison Ivy that most detectorists would avoid. I knew I'd get PI if I dug through the roots but hunting itself would be OK. I wore nitrile gloves while digging the hole & found a 1749 King George half pence right off. I still got PI from that, but it was worth it. :) Such a great hobby.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread