Garret at gold or Fisher gold bug 2

Peter1972

Jan 27, 2018
Stoughton mass
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I live right out side Boston mass and I would be hunting in Vermont or NH and I'm just getting into this hobby I've been looking at the Garret at gold and the gold bug 2 I've been told to go with the gold bug 2 because it's more sensitive to small gold than the at the down side is that it ant water proof as for everything else I was going to go with the Garret at max any advice would be appreciated i posted on the Garret forum just wanted to see what Fisher forum would say to

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it is raw gold nuggets, pickers, and flakes you're looking for, the Goldbug II is my choice. :skullflag:

OP
OP
P

Peter1972

Jan 27, 2018
Stoughton mass
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is raw gold nuggets, pickers, and flakes you're looking for, the Goldbug II is my choice. :skullflag:

Ya that's what I thought that kinda sticks because I liked the at gold but the Fisher ant water proof but o well that's probably what I'm going with there's a lot of good utube videos of the gold bug 2

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm satisfied with my GBII. Never tried an AT.
Marvin

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry Soloman* is that u in the video with that massive gold piece holy moly

Yep. That is the famous "Wilcox Nugget." I was introduced to Mr. Wilcox by "Clay Diggins," out at Stanton.

Attachments

• Stanton 002.jpg
    Stanton 002.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Stanton 001.jpg
    Stanton 001.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 119

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, Gold Bug 2.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Peter where will you be hunting? Are you looking for raw gold or jewelry at the beach?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions