GARRETT 1500

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
I wanted to search an area that used to have housing for shipyard workers in WWII - it has been an industrial district since then. I thought I would search the gravel and grass strips that might have seen people waiting for buses. I changed the Custom mode from its default Coin mode to only accept dimes and up, and nickels. Didn't find any silver coins, but no fault of the detector, just no old coins there.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have a Garrett 1500 that I play with on the ground. I changed the Custom mode to only accept nickels, and pull tabs. I don't get iron to foil nor targets over pennies. Sure I get a lot of pull tabs, but I also collect a lot of gold rings. I am however leaving the silver rings and pocket change that I could use for gas money in the ground for you guys.

OP
OP
K

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
THANK YOU FOR THE TIP'S. I AM TRYING OUT DIFFERENT THINGS NOW. I AM HAVING SOME LUCK USEING RELIC MODE THEN BACK TO COINS TO CK. IT.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kdismuke1, take note that the changing from Relic to coin only shows the different displays and your target will read the same on both modes unless it is notched out in one mode.

Hope this helps.
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions