Palm Bay, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i ---- Garrett Ace 350 -------
propointer---------
wireless headphones---
lische with T handle --- stealth & rtg scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ace 250 is a nice machine for the money---it is not good for wet salt sand or ocean water.---works good on land, easy to learn
Ii had an ace 350 and moved to treasure coast--replaced it with a Whites for the ocean beach--
rancherjL

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace machines are easy to use and do work well. I worked an Ace350 and found lots of great stuff, including a multi-thousand $ ring..

Bud

AnonymousTurker

May 2, 2014
New Bedford Mass
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Ace 250. It's a great machine for a beginner like myself. That being said it does have some problems. The recovery time between two near objects can be down right awful. The lack of a VDI means you need to dig almost everything up since the range reading is at best a very rough guide. But the positive side is that it's cheap, so if you are not sure if she would like detecting full time it's a small investment. The machine itself is one of the best in the price range.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please dont torment your sister with a garrett ....the compadre isnt any better ive seen and read good things about the eurotek pro but have never had 1 in my hands

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
found my first two silvers with the 250, a class ring a lot of clad. passed it on to my wife who loves how easy it is to use. ask a hundred people get a lot of opinions, but for the money it is a good starter to find out if you or someone else really wants to be serious about it.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EROTEK PRO!! approximately the same price and out performs ACE 250 by a long shot.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
- Ace 250, used (around $150)
- Eurotek Pro if spending new money, $210 for the 8" coil model.

Dont be misled by those who suggest a one-knob detector for beginners. Today's technology is so far beyond that, it isn't even funny anymore. Additionally, if your sister can work a computer, a cell phone, or drive a car, she can learn to use a modern, digital detector.

I love Tesoro detectors, but in a weird paradox, would suggest the Compadre for an EXPERIENCED USER, not a raw beginner.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace 250 is not junk and not a toy...good detector for the money...light weight, easy to use and will hit a coin at 8 inches.

deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I only have had one detector, I can only tell you about my experience with the ACE250. After 2yrs hunting in corn fields, woods, beach (including wet sand) I have found just about every category of metal. Rings,jewelry, artifacts, coins and all the rest. After about a year, I reached a point where I could really use it to it's full potential. The last month on the beach has been a whole lot of swinging and little digging. The best advice I can give is to learn the machine and it will work well for you. I can't see myself buying another detector for my style hunting. The only thing is water detecting and someday I will purchase an AT PRO or AT GOLD. Remember, you have to put in the time to get the results!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread