garrett ace 150 vs 250 and the other models.

hiyall

May 1, 2018
indiana, united states
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 150, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, i have the garrett ace 150 and i was wondering what the difference is from the 250 up to the 400. is it just the features or a little more than that?

i like my ace 150. it works decent but there is one huge flaw with it. when i discriminate iron, it still detects iron and it prioritizes iron over all the other metals. so if i get an iron hit and its discriminated and there is, lets say silver, next to it. the iron will be picked up and not the silver. sometimes it will quickly beep once or twice depending how fast and often i sweep the spot but will go back to picking up the iron only.

my girlfriends moms back yard is littered with nails that i presumed are from when the house was built in 1921. i discriminate iron and it still only picks up iron and nothing else. its impossible to detect in her yard because of this. i did manage to find a musket ball though and a monopoly shoe piece and some other interesting finds as well.

I use the Kellyco site where you can review detector specs, side by side. I think you can review 4 at a time. The biggest difference between the ace 150,250, & 350 vs the 200, 300, & 400 is that the newer 200, 300, & 400 give target ID numbers vs the others that only provide target segments. When it comes to iron, just picture the target ID as a clock face and you will notice that iron will be at 12:01 and the highest conductor will be reading in at 11:59 now you might see how iron can sometimes ring in as a higher target ID especially due to shape and size.

tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard HiYall! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (if necessary)...
metal_detector.gif
2nd - You might consider browsing Brands: Garrett...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back