Garrett Ace 250 & Gold?

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
The answer is yes and no. Your ace will detect bigger nuggets but will show up somewhere in the iron lead frequency depending on the piece. You will find lots of metal with that detector. If you REALLY want to detect for gold you need a detector specifically designed to pic up gold. Most manufacturers have a gold detector and will allow you to find very very small nuggets. Get yourself a pan and sample areas before detecting. Nuggets are few and far between these days unfortunately.

OP
OP
A

A5150S

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2013
The answer is yes and no. Your ace will detect bigger nuggets but will show up somewhere in the iron lead frequency depending on the piece. You will find lots of metal with that detector. If you REALLY want to detect for gold you need a detector specifically designed to pic up gold. Most manufacturers have a gold detector and will allow you to find very very small nuggets. Get yourself a pan and sample areas before detecting. Nuggets are few and far between these days unfortunately.

Thank you for the insight. I will stick to the pan and look for the "big one" with my ACE when I get tired! A5150S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions