Garrett ACE-250 interesting behavior.

farmboy

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2014
Eastern USA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If any of you folks on here have an ace-250 would you mind testing something for me? My machine seems to work quite well, I'm completely 'green' here, so bear with me.

When in pinpoint mode, I found that if I press down on the button for pinpoint, the harder I press, the more "signal" it gets, I didn't realize I was unconsciously doing this and that it was having an effect at first, but later I realized what was going on and the pinpoint mode is MUCH more sensitive and precise if I only touch the button enough to activate it...

what I'm talking about is if I press it down really hard, the scale and tone moves up like I have found something... The function seems to work, but this sounds like either something is broken or just a bad design. If anyone with an ace-250 laying around could check theirs for me, I would appreciate it and it would ease my mind about having to return my new toy.

thanks

Farmboy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

farmboy

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2014
Eastern USA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have another question here as well for owners or knowledgable folks of the ACE 250... I know it says "waterproof coil", how true is that? Is it going to hurt my detector if I jam the coil down into a creek?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep you can stick it in a creek ....waterproof....just don`t hit it with the hose nozzle to hard if you clean it that way.
Gary

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, you are waterproof up to the box.

As for the pinpoint button, I have not experienced what you describe. I assume you have tested this with the coil at waist level and away from any metal?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread