Garrett Ace 250 or Whites Prizm IV

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace, Garrett Pro Pointer
Hi all,

I posted this in the metal detecting area but i thought it might be more suitable here. I live in the Forest Of Dean, in England. As the name suggests its in the middle of the country with loads of woods etc. Also my grandad owns a farm that is close to a Roman camp, so i would like to sweep the farmland as well. I'm looking for a new detector for coin/jewlery, relic hunting. I would imagine that the soil is high in iron, minerals etc. I was looking at the Garrett Ace 250 and the Whites Prizm IV would these be good for the type of detecting i want to do?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Many thanks and happy hunting

Sean

KinjoVT

Jun 7, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Prizim IV, BHID, GTAX 400, GTA 350, and a few others
I think both would work well for what you want to do. I have never been to the UK but they both have preset gb. I have the Whites and my friend has the Ace 250. I will tell you that I have not found anything past 3 inches with the Whites, and then went over the same area with a 150 and found deeper coins. I will say that the Whites is awesome with accurate ID and I have found some great finds. But my friend has managed to go deeper with his 250. and I think for the $212 dollars they want for the 250 you can't go wrong. I have ordered a Tesoro and am awaiting its arrival. I have read nothing bad about them, and have heard they go deep if that is what you are looking for. They have models in almost any price range. You may want to check them out. Go to www.metaldetectorreviews.net Hope this helped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread