cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got a question I have an ace 250 with the 4.5" sniper coil the stock coil is ok and the sniper coil does exactly what it is suppose to. But what can I get or do that can cover more ground and go deeper while at the same time eliminate some junk like the sniper, without buying a new detector? If there is o such coil or upgrade I reckon I will have to break down a buy another MD

Any input would be helpful

Thanks matt
HH

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
The problem is that if you want to cover more ground you need a larger coil. Then by having a larger coil it will see more ground including trash. I use the stock coil for most all of my hunts. Then I switch to the sniper when the area is trashy or if the area is small. There is no brand of detector that can cover a large amount of ground but separate like the sniper can. Sorry

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
if you could only get a DD (widescan) coil, huh?

Wouldn't that be just about great!

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Ok first off Matthew, around here it's not junk, but rather we like to refer to it as hand disinterred crape' ;). Secondly your question is a little confusing, what exactly are you referring to as junk ? :-\ If for instance you are talking about scrap pieces of iron, those might actually be referred to as artifacts, but these shouldn't be a problem to you with the 250 which can Disc. out iron. :P If on the other hand you are talking about such things as bottle caps, pulltabs or aluminum cans, these items are a must dig if gold interests you. 8)
However, if gold isn't your thing even those signals can be Discriminated out on the 250. The only other items I can think of which you might be calling junk would Be paper or glass, which if your detecting that hold onto your MD till I get there I wanna buy it. ;D

All that said yes, Garrett makes and sell a 9x12 coil for the 250, I think they go for around $60.00. And might I suggest you contact Tony from Conn. here at treasure net for a safe honest deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread