Garrett Ace 250 Sent back to Factory

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
>:( I am Missing My Ace 250 Already I had to send it back well here's the story.

I was out at my usual Location coin shooting and well i set it on coin as i usually do and being a Heavy trash area I used a 4 bar as i usually do so i start swinging and Beep beep beep pull tab

OK Beep beep beep bottle cap steel so i go to the lowest of low settings 1 bar you all know the very last bar to the left on the ace 250 same thing Beep beep beep , by this time I said The heck with it called the factory they said the same thing it needs service and its out of warranty :'(
O well so I sent it back today for servicing I hope it will not cost to much to calibrate but any who I have my Whites Classic Sl 3 but 6 battries Wow.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
It shouldn't cost that much. I just had the mineralization chip added to my 2500 and the new proformance coil and it came to 143.00.

OP
OP
garrettman64

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes when I called I do believe she said $ 40 for the calibration and if i needed a coil it would be about $ 53 so about $ 100.00 maybe not sure they have to look at it first
Thanks so much

how does yours work?
??? ::) any better after the factory service

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
gee and I just bought an ACE 250 sure hope I don't have that problem at least I know what to watch for.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy Rodeo Recon had to send his Ace 250 back to the factory after only 2 months. It needed a new searchcoil. Thing was going crazy, like the sensitivity was way up all the time, even when it wasn't--and even on brand new batteries.

Fortunately his was under warranty. :)

-Buckles

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
garrettman64 said:
yes when I called I do believe she said $ 40 for the calibration and if i needed a coil it would be about $ 53 so about $ 100.00 maybe not sure they have to look at it first
Thanks so much

how does yours work?
??? ::) any better after the factory service

I don't know as it has not come back yet. I should be getting it today or tomorrow. I will let you know then. They told me that it could have been my coil of course my machine was built in 1999 so I wouldn't be surprised. Rather than just wait, I asked them to do the upgrade and that way I would basically have a brand new machine. :)

OP
OP
garrettman64

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o so I cee you sent it out recently Thanks I hope they do a good job on mine ::) ???

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Well I got it back. It seems to be better. I just went out to my front yard and scanned because I know there isn't much there. They gave me new bottom polls and a new nut and bolt and rubber washers too. That surprised me. It was nice.
I will test it better this weekend and let you know.

OP
OP
garrettman64

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Garrett Ace 250 Sent back to Factory/Ace Is Back YIPPEEE

:o Just got it in yesterday and My Ace is Like New re done from the factory Its Awesome I Love it have not gone out with it However I will Now be using Only Energizer battries with it, ;D

OP
OP
garrettman64

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Yes Thank U I am also Very Pleased I am going to email or call or maybe better still :o Have someone take my Pic at the Big Hunt. with My Garrett Ball cap won on ebay pay tomorrow maybe in in a few days also My Garrett Polo Shirt. Thus I am Get This Ya Ready ??? ::) :icon_scratch:

I Am Garrett Man64 :D :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread