Garrett Ace 250...

Mr. Morbid

Sep 9, 2005
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I just ordered one of these from Clevenger Detector Sales which is the company Gene (dunno what his sn is on here) he gave me the number to the company... Should be arriveing later this week... Any pointers would be greatly appreciated... I've heard so many great things about this machine that I just had to get one...

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i think you made a good choice! i really like mine! i have had it since april and it has already halfway paid for itself in clad finds! pinpointing can be a little challanging at first though.there is an excellent thread on pinpointing with the ace on this forum somewhere,you should do a search for it.the machine pinpoints amazingly well,its just that you need to find the sweet spot on the coil. with practice you will rarely miss a coin!

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morbid,
I will have to say that I love my ace. As noted the pinpointed takes a little time but you shouldn't have a problem.
I find a good target that rings the same from everyside.

1. Push and hold the pinpoint button. Scan left and can right. You will know the coil is centered on the target by the tone and the bar graph.

2. After the coil is centered right and left. Still holding the pinpoint down I then slowly move the coil closer to your feet.

3. As soon as the bar graph or tone drops off your are at the end of the target.

4. The sweet spot on my coil is the very tip of the front. You would think that the pinpoint would be in that little notch in the center of the coil but mine is not.

I run my ace in the Jewelry mode with the sen on about 3 to 4 bars. On the jewelry mode you will dig a lot more trash but you also find more nickels, silver and gold.

Good Luck

Kermit

mgdigger

Jan 31, 2004
Los Osos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 and ACE 250
Try raising the coil as you pinpoint and where you just start to lose the signal that is where it's at

OP
OP
Mr. Morbid

Mr. Morbid

Sep 9, 2005
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well the Ace 250 arrived at my door today... Unfortunately I was taking a nap when UPS arrived... So I called the 800 number on the slip and arranged to pick up the detector at the pick up center... Man that is one sweet machine...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread