Garrett Ace 400

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought it and then spent extra money for a smaller coil due to the youth sized grip and cuff (very nose heavy). It is probably one of the worst detectors I have. You can do a whole lot better for less money and get more features like ground balance. Target ID is marginal. Take some time and do a little research.

Pops1959

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400,
Minelab X Terra 705,
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett "Carrot" Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok: anyone use a Garrett Ace 400, and if so what do you think about it. Is the target id's accurate

I bought mine 2 months ago. So far I am pleased with it. I added a smaller coil and Garrett's Z Lynk. I recently dug a small silver skeleton key pendant that was 7 inches deep in a trash filled play ground.

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a 400 in February and like it, so far it has been pretty accurate

marciduncan01

Apr 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine serves me for more than one year already and have nothing bad to say about it. Basically, I like it pretty much but I have nothing to compare with: I never happened to use two different detectors in the same zone.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine serves me for more than one year already and have nothing bad to say about it. Basically, I like it pretty much but I have nothing to compare with: I never happened to use two different detectors in the same zone.

Agree completely. Target ID's have been accurate, machine is plenty light enough for me, battery life has been good. There are certainly other detectors that may serve you better, but for me my Ace 400 has never disappointed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread