Garrett and Etrac?

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one that pops in to my mind - Garrett: Made in USA.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are both capable machines. The E-Trac performs well in iron infested areas, but it requires a slow swing speed. If you hunt with your friend that has an E-Trac, you might compare targets - when he gets a good signal, swing yours over it and see if you would normally dig. By doing this on multiple targets, you will get a feel if either machine is missing something. I've used both, and hunt with guys that use both. They are different machines, but perform well in the right conditions.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are both capable machines. The E-Trac performs well in iron infested areas, but it requires a slow swing speed. If you hunt with your friend that has an E-Trac, you might compare targets - when he gets a good signal, swing yours over it and see if you would normally dig. By doing this on multiple targets, you will get a feel if either machine is missing something. I've used both, and hunt with guys that use both. They are different machines, but perform well in the right conditions.

Wayne

Hey Wayne i have 2 AT Pros and was thinking of up grading to a Etrac , do you think the two are that close to where I wont be gaining much for what it will cost me? What I am looking for is more depth!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob, the E-trac is one of the deepest and best for hunting in iron. It is a completely different machine because of the multiple frequencies and Minelab technology. An experienced AT Pro user can hold his own hunting against an E-Trac in normal conditions, but in heavy mineralized soil and heavy iron, the E-trac will excel. Detectors are like tools in a toolbox, a different tool is sometimes needed when conditions warrant it. I've used both, and they are two of my go to machines for most hunt sites.

Wayne

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob, the E-trac is one of the deepest and best for hunting in iron. It is a completely different machine because of the multiple frequencies and Minelab technology. An experienced AT Pro user can hold his own hunting against an E-Trac in normal conditions, but in heavy mineralized soil and heavy iron, the E-trac will excel. Detectors are like tools in a toolbox, a different tool is sometimes needed when conditions warrant it. I've used both, and they are two of my go to machines for most hunt sites.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne for the info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread