Garrett at pro accessories

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Attachments

• pro-pointer_scene3.jpg
    pro-pointer_scene3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,005

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ProPointer is good. 5x8 coil from AT Gold for trashy locations.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better coverage, gets deeper.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoopstroop said:
Better coverage, gets deeper.
However the sniper can get you right up to a chain link fence or a metal post where the smaller DD coil will still pick up the fence from around a foot or more away.
I think that the smaller DD would be good in a park or ball field that is somewhat trashy but if it's really trashy the Sniper might be a better option.
ZDD

Sailorman

Nov 25, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up getting all three coils eventually. Each one does certain jobs better then the others. The super sniper is my totlot coil, the 5x8 is my trashy park coil and the stock coil is for everything else! You might just want to start with the stock coil and Pro Pointer and get a handle on the machine and see what kind of hunting you wind up doing and then gear up accordingly.

OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Clarkesville ga/ Ringgold ga
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter fast tracker, now garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sailorman said:
I ended up getting all three coils eventually. Each one does certain jobs better then the others. The super sniper is my totlot coil, the 5x8 is my trashy park coil and the stock coil is for everything else! You might just want to start with the stock coil and Pro Pointer and get a handle on the machine and see what kind of hunting you wind up doing and then gear up accordingly.
Im really looking foward to hunt in beaches and water with it, where do you pinpoint on the stock coil best to dig with a sand scoop! Also what are a must have beach accessories

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You'll need to figure out the pinpointing after you get the machine and work with it some. Some folks find it easier to pinpoint in center of the coil, just in front of the shaft. Some find it easier to pinpoint off the toe of the coil, especially when the target is shallow. I center the target myself, but I do find myself getting fooled sometimes on the beach with shallow targets, mising left and right usually.

As for needed accessory, a beach scoop is a must. If you are hunting only the dry sand or knee deep water, you could get away with the simple "feed scoop" style sand scoop. If you plan on going in waist deep, get a long handle sand scoop with the biggest head you can find to make recovery easier.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the sniper coil and love it for the parks with trash and have dug coins to 4'' with it.It's also responsible for all my finds including a handful of silver rings,1 10k ring,1 merc,573 quarters,707 dimes,102 nickles since June when I bought my at-pro and this is from 4 parks where I hunt..I thinking about getting the 5x8 coil myself for the reasons mention on coverage/depth..

Anybody got a good deals on the 5x8 coil?

Sailorman

Nov 25, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Younghunt said:
Im really looking foward to hunt in beaches and water with it, where do you pinpoint on the stock coil best to dig with a sand scoop! Also what are a must have beach accessories
I tend to pinpoint in the center but I find the toe equally easy. Get some good footwear for beach walking. I'm moving from sandals to soled wetsuit boots.

Learn the beach routine for ground balancing the machine. Get it right on and it will run well there. Take down and clean it thoroughly after your hunts with fresh water. Accumulated salt is very corrosive and sand is abrasive.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started using the AtGold last week, having always used a DD coil on my other machines, using the 5x8 was easy and really separated the trash well.. Never had to use the pinpoint button on the machine.. Really liked the ability to narrow the target area down with the ProPointer, by getting close to the target, turning the pointer off then back on without moving it. After turning it back on it really tuned the pointer down to the smaller target. I was relic hunting so it helped find the really smaller targets ie buck and ball shot..

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rob.s said:
I have the sniper coil and love it for the parks with trash and have dug coins to 4'' with it.It's also responsible for all my finds including a handful of silver rings,1 10k ring,1 merc,573 quarters,707 dimes,102 nickles since June when I bought my at-pro and this is from 4 parks where I hunt..I thinking about getting the 5x8 coil myself for the reasons mention on coverage/depth..

Anybody got a good deals on the 5x8 coil?

I always have deals for T-net members! Be sure to mention the forum when you call!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread