Jan 5, 2013
North West Tasmania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Ltd with three coils
Garrett AT Pro with two coils
Garrett Ace 350 with three coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I owned AT Pro for over a year now, done going by my journal over 1400 hours swinging it. I did win a T2 ltd in a raffle last xmas, so now using both machines.
These 2 video's i wanted to hit the 160 year old local fishing hole at low tide, our tides are huge is a difference of 10ft between low and high tide, so low tide you can get out a long way onto the river and ocean beds.

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing. I noticed you have the harbor freight pinpointer and would like to know what you think of it. I bought the v4 from Kelley Co and it is HUGE. Its like having a sword lol. I thought of trying the one you have out and was just curious how well you like it.

OP
OP
O

ozzie jack

Jan 5, 2013
North West Tasmania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Ltd with three coils
Garrett AT Pro with two coils
Garrett Ace 350 with three coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i won a automax v4, never used it (got it as freebie from kellyco in a order). i also own a whites bullseye II, it died in 6 months as tip wore off, got a garrett pro pointer its in the mail for warranty repair, it died after a year of use. As you can tell on my channel 18 of the last 24 months i been detecting extreme areas which are dry, rock hard and miles from anywhere. Thus really tough on equipment.
Now, with centech. I got it as a gift from a Gentlemen named Tim Suggs from Alabama. I cant buy centech in Australia, so he brought this gift for me as my first pinpointer about 18 months ago, every time one of my pinpointers breakdown i go and get centech out, its perfect pinpointer, only about 2 inches depth but has a sensitivity dial, this is a really helpful idea and should be on the garrett pro pointer, the garrett wont work on lava soils or wet beach sand, but centech i can tune it down, still get 1 to 2 inches on a lava field.
The main negative comments you read about centech are weak probe and bad switch. well i put one finger on side of probe, exactly same way i hold the garrett and i have no drama with a probe snapping, the switch is a push button on the side, a few youtube videos show how to replace switch for a better one but for me the switch works 90 percent of the time and those 10 percent of times it dont work i just push it again and it works. So for a cheap pinpointer the centech is perfect, just like any tool dont be rough on it in the soil its not a shovel.
Okay this video from july 2011 when the centech turned up in the post, sorry about the weird music but i was so happy to receive it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions