Garrett Customer Service

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
A few weeks ago I went to a yard to hunt. I was using my Minelab X-70 for hunting the yard and then using the Pro-Pointer to locate the target in the plug. I had been at the yard for about an hour or so and was doing pretty good. I got a good solid signal so I hit the ground and turned on the Pro-Pointer. It acted sporatic and then shut it's self off. I turned it on again and the same thing happened. When I first got it it did this once but not as bad as this time. These were the only two times this has happened since I got the Pro-Pointer when it first came out. I was a bit frustrated and decided to call it quits. The next day I picked up the Pro-Pointer and turned it on. It worked fine. The seed was already planted though and I didn't want to take a chance this winter and have it act up on me during a really good hunt.
On the 5th of October I called Garrett. The lady told me to send it in for repair or replacement. I told her that this was getting to be my busy season and she told me that it would be returned 10 days tops. That day I mailed it out. Yesterday UPS arrived with my brand new Pro-Pointer. Garrett replaced the old unit with a brand new one.
Great customer service.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the best reasons to stick with the top brands.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
They are the best!

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There customer service is the best. Will fix the machine no questions asked. Very professional, nice people.

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
Agreed. Their customer service is exemplary.

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Glad to hear you made out well.....I wish I could say the same, but they let me down.......good luck and happy hunting..

db

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 1980 ADS Groundhog repaired and put in good working order a few years back.

Garrett did very well and it was worth the $.

:icon_thumright:

Idaho hunter

Jan 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350- Ace250- 10X WORKHORSE - GARRETT PRO POINTER - Mighty AP digger
my pro pointer did the same thing and was thinking of sending
it back for repair but found the problem was not the pro pointer
but I had just grabed a couple of batterys from home before I
went out and they were just heavy duty not alkaline. the heavy
duty batterys worked fine for a short while but when it gets cold
out they don't last more than a few minutes when I put
alkaline batterys in no more problem.
Idaho hunter

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
I agree that Garrett's Customer Service is the best. My 1986 Grand Master Hunter was in bad shape when I sent it in two weeks ago. Garrett replaced the lower part of the case which was cracked, installed a new battery box, replaced the grip on the handle, installed a new key pad, replaced all the knobs and fixed a bunch of stuff inside. They also tuned it to factory specs.

The detector is in like new condition. Unfortunately we have a foot of snow on the ground so will have to wait til spring to be able to use it.

Well done Garrett

Jerry-Wi

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
GMHXCX3 is an "Edsel"?
There is a "residual voltage" that travels about the circuitboard for 20 seconds after you turn it off. Wait for 20 seconds , or have a chance of blowing a fuse that hast to be resodered back at the factory. If your 3 Year Warranty is good. It blew 3 times under warranty. 'It should have never ever had this problem.'!
There is in the State of Florida a Full Product Law that states you cannot sell a product that has a problem.
Was this a Full Product? I thought it was.
I tried and tried to get KELLYCO to replace it at their expence, or trade for a Pulse Inductive Beach Detector, to no avail.
So I ended up talking to Charles Garrett's office Secretary. "I see you bought this detector thinking it was a Beach detector. This detector is not meant for a saltwater beach. You'll haft to pay for the repair for it yourself out of warranty".
Uh duh. That was the customer service I got from the top, one notch down from Garrett himself.
Believe it or not, I would buy another Garrett. A Surf PI, but not another vhf!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread