Garrett deepseeker help

Chevyfan2k9

Aug 27, 2013
Conway,sc
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta 4000,fisher f2,garrett gta350,bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, newbie here, I just picked up my first 2 metal detectors one being a vintage garret deepseeker vlr/tr , it's not a ads one but has the button on the handle and I need a manual for it or a link to download one so I know how to work this thing

Thanks
Jack

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Jump over to: Garrett Owner's Manuals

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They work well in the all metal mode. Dont expect the disc mode to work very well. You must learn the art of ground balancing your machine. There are many videos on you tube for that. Your bet is to spent $200 on a new Fisher F2 or Garrett 250 and never look back. You wont regret it.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My first MD was a Garrett Grounhog. Made the same time as yours.
It will ground balance with no problem here in Az with all the black sands and iron in our dirt.
I found a 1930's Levis rivet from a pair of jeans about 3 inches down. Behind a church by a creek bed,wash.

There is no different tones, or anything,they all sound the same.
The difference is how broad or narrow the tone is under the coil. So when in all metal,everything will sound the same.
The difference is wheather it is a short tone,or a long tone from edge of the coil to the other edge.
It will come clear after you read your manual.
It is still a great machine.

OP
OP
Chevyfan2k9

Chevyfan2k9

Aug 27, 2013
Conway,sc
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta 4000,fisher f2,garrett gta350,bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first MD was a Garrett Grounhog. Made the same time as yours.
It will ground balance with no problem here in Az with all the black sands and iron in our dirt.
I found a 1930's Levis rivet from a pair of jeans about 3 inches down. Behind a church by a creek bed,wash.

There is no different tones, or anything,they all sound the same.
The difference is how broad or narrow the tone is under the coil. So when in all metal,everything will sound the same.
The difference is wheather it is a short tone,or a long tone from edge of the coil to the other edge.
It will come clear after you read your manual.
It is still a great machine.

It's was, I sold it not to long after I posted this thread because a piece was broken on one of the 9v connectors, I ended up selling it for $70, I now have a fisher f2,teknetics delta 4000, garrett gta350 and a bh elite 2200 so think I am done for now on detectors for awhile :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread