Garrett Forum

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Not sure wich paticular post your looking for, but I did a search and there are a lot of them on here...
You can do a search yourself. or follow this link to a search I just did.http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?action=search2
Hope this helps...
I need to check out some of them myself. I was wondering about that unit. What type of sounds does it generate. Are they simple beeps, or something more complex, when a target is hit... I know that some of the newer machines sound about like somekind of computer talking, I have had a hard time destinguising the different tones on those type of machines... Hope ya get the hang of yours.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
thanks Leon.

Ive already read about every post on here about the 250.?Most of the ones on here are just recommending it.....not really any info about using it. On the Garrett forum there were quite a few people that had posted info about it.....evidently they dont know of this site.? From the few I got to read there was some good info about using it, but I only got to see a few. It was late and had to go to work the next morning. Was planning on reading them all the next day but now its gone :'(

From the little bit I have used mine, it has 3 different tones.....that I can tell.? A belltone...sort of like a "boing" ,? just a beep tone, and a low beep for iron and such. Im having trouble figuring out the difference between the boing and beep for the target it picks up.

I had posted about this under cmls' post about the short in his 250. Yesterday I got a dime signal at 4" and ended up with a hole the size of a basketball and still no dime, but it was still saying there was one. Maybe it meant 4'.....I dont know. ???? Its definately gonna take some getting use to.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Hi Zeke, Hey I know what you mean about getting a dime signal and then digging a pit to try to find it!
Sometimes my MXT does the same thing. Gives a good signal, I start to dig and never do find anything!
It does'nt happen often, but when it does >:( >:(. Maybe someone here can enlighten us.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Sometimes that signal is caused by a piece of foil that has a halo effect and when you dig it balls up some and reduces signal.

OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks Bob!

That might be the one I went to originally. I thought I had clicked on the Garrett logo at the top of these pages and found the forum there. When I tried it again it said the forum was dissed. ???

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Zeke said:
Yesterday I got a dime signal at 4" and ended up with a hole the size of a basketball and still no dime, but it was still saying there was one. Maybe it meant 4'.....I don't know. ???? Its definitely gonna take some getting use to.

I have found that several signals like that are sometime nails off to the side of the hole. They sound just like silver to me sometimes. They say you can tell if it's a nail if it beeps twice as you sweep. I have found this to be true sometimes, and sometimes not. Another way to tell if it's a nail sometimes, is if when you try to pin point the target seems to move around as you do. You just can't get a really good pin-point. I guess there are just so many different variables, from target masking and so on, that different things act different ways in different circumstances...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread