Garrett GTA 350 detector....

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone out there use one or remember them???...I found one at a local pawn shop and he wants $175...includes a VHS tape, Garrett headphones, and a Garrett book but cant remember the title....is it a good machine and a good buy???Guy said he might come down on the price...he also said he would take some silver coins in on trade for the detector....give me some input -good or bad.....Is it worth the investment.....

Upvote 0

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA350 , Fisher F-70
Yes I use the Garrett 350, Its a good machine. though as you know there are better ones out there.Its a good starter for those getting started in this hobby, I've had mine for 1-1/2 yrs. and I know it's time for an upgrade.I've found mine only goes about 4-6 inches deep at least i've only found things in that depth range which isn't bad. As for the price, unless it's in prestige condition I would ask he goes down to 150.00.

cloviscliff

Jul 15, 2008
South Tx
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's m6, Fisher 1210, Garrett ACE 250, White's surf PI Pro, White's DF, Fisher F75se, Fisher 1236x2, Garrett GTAx750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good machine. If you can't get it for $100.oo I would probably by a Tesoro Compadre for about $140 new with lifetime warranty and goes a little deeper. Not trying to sell Tesoro, just stating facts.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cloviscliff said:
It's a good machine. If you can't get it for $100.oo I would probably by a Tesoro Compadre for about $140 new with lifetime warranty and goes a little deeper. Not trying to sell Tesoro, just stating facts.

agree big time

OP
OP
Pudsbrat

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys....I own and use a Garrett Ace 250 and have a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 as a backup...just thought about the 350 as a possible backup or a loaner if someone else wanted to hunt with me ...Got some friends that have 2 sons (9 and 8) that are wanting to hunt with me this summer so I thought of that machine as one that they might use and learn on and maybe even give it to them....Might kick start them into this wonderful hobby....see ya :icon_thumleft:

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Agreed, the machine is probably fine, but I think around $100 is a fair price. It's around 15 years old and a new Garrett Ace 250 is a better buy in my opinion. The machine may have problems, or develop them after sitting dormant so long.

ricknaks

Jun 14, 2003
el dorado kansas
Detector(s) used
ace 250/fisher f5
i still have mine.but the box broke of the shaft.i liked it but it does not have the pinpoint option,i got the gta 500 and it broke also.
i still have the 4.5 coil that i will sell if some one needs it. i have the ace 250 and i like it allot.

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
If you just want a back up for the kids, then by all means. But I personally wouldn't pay more than a C note for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread