Garrett GTAx1000 search coil mod

FoxDelta

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this detector new about 20 years ago and it is still a fine machine, but I thought it would be fun to try one of the newer search coils. Unfortunately, none of the present coils are designed to work with the GTAx1000. Or at least the connectors are not compatible with my machine. I note that the GTP 1350 operates on virtually the same frequency as the GTAx1000, and have been wondering if I replaced the connector on say, the GTP elliptical 7x10" search coil, to make it compatible with my machine, how it would work. Has anyone here had any experience along this line, or any ideas about it this possible mod?

OP
OP
F

FoxDelta

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research has found, I don' know the veracity of said finding, that the CX plus uses the same connector as the GTAx1000. 5 pins in an M arrangement, with pins 1 and 2 closer together than are pins 3 and 4. Pin 5 being deadcenter in the plug. I have determined that the CX series operates very close to frequency as the GTAx1000, so if the pin config is the same the 7x10" elliptical coil would work for me. ??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread