Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy from a major multi-brand dealer. A week before Christmas I ordered an Infinium and was told they were sold out and had reordered. I was told I should have it a few days after Christmas.

Today I got an email telling me I should get it sometime toward the end of next week.

I know some ebay dealers have them but the big dealers sell out fast and Garrett seems to have all they can do to keep their major distributors/dealers stocked with them.

I guess my point is, the Infinium is definitely not a dead item. The trusted dealers are moving lots of them.

So, why don't more show up used on ebay? My gad it's hard to find a used Infinium at a reasonable price!

Next week it'll be here! Happy days!

I just mailed my Bandido off for repairs so all I have right now is one of those cheap $50 ebay Chinese units. The world doesn't know how I suffer! ;D

Badger

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Re: Garrett Infinium NOT Easy to Get

People are starting to realize how well a PI it is, and even though it was designed to prospect in high mineralized soils, it is a killer on coins and jewelry. And they retain a good resale value too.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

John-Edmonton said:
People are starting to realize how well a PI it is, and even though it was designed to prospect in high mineralized soils, it is a killer on coins and jewelry. And they retain a good resale value too.

Right John, I'm now learning this myself. There's so little about this machine out there that I had the idea it was a loser. Just recently I located the Infinium website and have had correspondence with actual users. It now appears it's one of the hot secrets of the hobby.

I had a couple guys on the Finds Forum almost ready to sell me their units but both sort of changed their minds the last minute. And too they wanted almost new price anyway. That right there told me a lot.

Like you and others who have great knowledge of this hobby have written, it's not for every type of hunting situation but used the right way at the right locations it's a killer.

When I get mine I'll probably be PMing you a lot.

Thanks,

Badger

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!

I've spoken to a few Infinium owners that really didn't want to advertise just how much they like the machine. This issue has to do with wanting to have an advantage when working hunted out locations. I even thought about not sharing my information when I first started using the machine too. However, I think the secret is starting to get out as hunters are buying and using the detector more and more.

Anyway, just my thoughts!

HH ;)

Updated note: I've only used my Infinium for water hunting (beach) but now have plans for future relic hunting too!

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Indasurf said:
I've spoken to a few Infinium owners that really didn't want to advertise just how much they like the machine. This issue has to do with wanting to have an advantage when working hunted out locations. I even thought about not sharing my information when I first started using the machine too. However, I think the secret is starting to get out as hunters are buying and using the detector more and more.

Anyway, just my thoughts!

HH ;)

Yes, I agree. I can't blame them. They really had a good thing going here.

I've had communications with several people and they're killing the rings with the Infinium at worked-out beaches. One man told me it's like nobody ever hunted the beach before. A BIG heavy deep digging sand scoop is required.

Badger

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!

The good news is much more information is now available about using the detector. It needs to be setup correctly and for many years nobody had the tips and tricks now posted on various forums. The most important thing is to follow the tried and true golden rules as this will result in a shorter learning curve with more successful hunts. I do want to thank all the people that took the time learning the hard way in finding what worked and what didn't with this machine (thanks for sharing this information)!!! I've learned a great deal from John-Edmonton, Black Davy, Scott Devon, Nugget and many others, THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!!!!!!
Anyway, looking forward to a great ring count year in 2008!!! ;D

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used

Another thing I just remembered, don't "air test" your PI detector. The PI design reads the matrix and ground completely different from VLF type machines! PIs have amazing depth when actually used in the field but won't air test well (thought I should mention this as plenty of hunters are not aware of this design difference)!!!

OK, now I'm tired and need to get away from the computer and watch some TV!!!! :)

HH

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Indasurf said:
Another thing I just remembered, don't "air test" your PI detector. The PI design reads the matrix and ground completely different from VLF type machines! PIs have amazing depth when actually used in the field but won't air test well (thought I should mention this as plenty of hunters are not aware of this design difference)!!!

OK, now I'm tired and need to get away from the computer and watch some TV!!!! :)

HH

Thanks! This is very interesting. I say this because like the VLF detectors the PI is basically a transmitter and receiver. This demonstrated would help prove Minelab's claim that their detectors do better with buried targets.

See, the whole theory behind the poorer depth argument is that a transmitted signal does better when it is not faced with an obstacle such as dirt. Minelab users claim the Explorers, etc., get better depth on a coin than air distance (air test). To date most people don't buy that argument, but, if what you wrote could be demonstrated it would go a long way to convincing many people that the Minelab people are correct. Because again, even though PI is a different system than VLF, in it's essence it's still a transmitted and received signal. All detectors are made this way.

Badger

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got word my Infinium is in and will be shipped to me today! 8)

Hope the snow melts again.

Badger

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I Recieved my Infinium last year at about this time, and like a big kid went out and played with it on a toboggan hill. I did quite well over the winter using it and learning it at the same time. But there is a lot of iron trash on them there hills and makes for a lot of work. When summer arrived, my muscles were in good shape to do lots of diggin, and my learning curve was short.

Hope you get your Infinium for this weekend. I am really looking forward to seeing your posts and finds.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to use my..Infinium...on fresh water beaches here in Ohio inland and.. Lake Erie beaches.. and i want to try it in farm fields for i know some gold coins have been found in plowed fields around here.........And i saw in some post in the ..Infinium forum....that some did use it in tot lots with good results......And i got some places i want to try in Pennsylvania were i grew up Then up in Ontario Canada around the French river and then Sudbury.................... Yes it will get a work out or i'll get a work out............................==Jim==

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
roachnjim said:
I am going to use my..Infinium...on fresh water beaches here in Ohio inland and.. Lake Erie beaches.. and i want to try it in farm fields for i know some gold coins have been found in plowed fields around here.........And i saw in some post in the ..Infinium forum....that some did use it in tot lots with good results......And i got some places i want to try in Pennsylvania were i grew up Then up in Ontario Canada around the French river and then Sudbury.................... Yes it will get a work out or i'll get a work out............................==Jim==

It may just become your most used detector.

We may have our best year ever.

Badger

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope this will be our best year. And yes the Infinium will get the most use. ==Jim==

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread