Garrett Is Currently Running A "Digger's Special" On The AT MAX !

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Check it out! - https://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/pdfs/Garrett_AT_Max_Diggers_Special.pdf

Please support TreasureNet Sponsors - Independent Dealer Classifieds

special.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I think we know why. Seems like there will be other makes and models as well.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in a quandry. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the MAX, but I'm now kinda waffling. The Equinox looks very, VERY interesting.
Minelab also offers a 15% discount to Military and Vets for 2018 off of MAP, so the Nox 800 ends up only costing $40 more than the MAX's MAP.
Decisions, decisions.....(the 600 would be even cheaper than the Garrett)
What to do...what to do?? Hmmmmmmmmm
Thinking of buying the Max Digger Special, then the 800 this summer when it's really available. By then, my son may be ready to graduate from his new ACE 300, and I'd give him the MAX and use the Nox. Yeah! That's the ticket!! LOL!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sittingelf, I can't decide for you but I guarantee you the machine is only as good as the operator. Most people after having gone with me and watching me pull stuff out of the ground admit they missed some gold and other targets because they decided to not dig iffy signals. Dig iffy signals. And deep doesn't always matter. My most expensive item a $5k gold coin was on TOP of a sandy beach after a bad storm.

I just bought a Tesoro Vaquero. It doesn't have a meter but it goes DEEP and has two discrimination circuits and with a flip of the toggle switch on the bottom, you can instantaneously move from one level of discrimination to anther to better identify what you are looking at underground.

People are tied up in bells and whistles. I have owned Garretts and Whites as well as the Deus. Four Tesoros. They are killer relic machines, good for beaches too even without the vdi. The new Tesoro was $464.00. It's a beast of a relic machine. It's the operator. If you want to cherry pick parks, I would not recommend it. That's for the Deus, Kruzer, Max or Eq. I was with some Minelab snobs a couple years ago, we were detecting an unknown place for CW items, they made fun of me for my "cheap" Tesoro. I called them snobs because they had the attitude their machine is gonna whoop my cheap pos. So now they have to live with their label and loss. Well, I dug a Confederate plate, they got bullets. It's being at the right place at the right time and not quitting and digging the iffy targets. Dig in the briers, dig under the fence, dig under the electric fence (it hurts to touch it), dig in the swamps, dig the trash pits, dig where you park. If you always let the machine decide for you, you will lose the gold and good stuff.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm keeping my GTI 2500 for the long haul, despite whatever additional MD's I add. The Treasure Hound on the 2500 is awesome. The Con and DD coils are OK, and useful, but the Eagle Eye is the thing that makes that machine irreplaceable as far as my needs go.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in a quandry. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the MAX, but I'm now kinda waffling. The Equinox looks very, VERY interesting.
Minelab also offers a 15% discount to Military and Vets for 2018 off of MAP, so the Nox 800 ends up only costing $40 more than the MAX's MAP.
Decisions, decisions.....(the 600 would be even cheaper than the Garrett)
What to do...what to do?? Hmmmmmmmmm
Thinking of buying the Max Digger Special, then the 800 this summer when it's really available. By then, my son may be ready to graduate from his new ACE 300, and I'd give him the MAX and use the Nox. Yeah! That's the ticket!! LOL!

Buy the equinox its a no brainer.......I got videos up of both the max isn't even close to the same class as the equinox. Sorry John ....... you got yours yet?

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you somekythecat very well said.

If you watch some of the You Tube Videos out there one would think that if they purchased one of the new released detectors or one of the high-end detectors they are going to instantly find coins, relic’s and etc., If the coins relic’s and other things are not there you are going to find them, no matter what detector you are using. The adage it’s the human not the detector was never so true, people go out and spend thousands of dollars for machines based on some video then when the machine does not find the treasures they were assured would find then so and so machine is a piece of junk. I to have been on the fence as to the new machines that are out, I’ve got caught up in the hype then I take my detector out and find something that is giving me an iffy signal I’ll change my mind yet well my detector is pretty good human nature. Human nature right now is selling a lot of detectors

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you somekythecat very well said.

If you watch some of the You Tube Videos out there one would think that if they purchased one of the new released detectors or one of the high-end detectors they are going to instantly find coins, relic’s and etc., If the coins relic’s and other things are not there you are going to find them, no matter what detector you are using. The adage it’s the human not the detector was never so true, people go out and spend thousands of dollars for machines based on some video then when the machine does not find the treasures they were assured would find then so and so machine is a piece of junk. I to have been on the fence as to the new machines that are out, I’ve got caught up in the hype then I take my detector out and find something that is giving me an iffy signal I’ll change my mind yet well my detector is pretty good human nature. Human nature right now is selling a lot of detectors

My hope is the EQ will target those finds that we pass over to regularly.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might, but not for me as I dig them anyway. Got a grapeshot and cannonball yesterday following my instinct and not relying on a meter. But again, I do not hunt parks where the EQ might be of some benefit.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went for this diggers special. I like my ATPro, so I think I will like the ATMax. I’ve watched a lot of videos on the Equinox and it’s not appealing to me. Maybe it’s the flute-like audio, I don’t know. Maybe I don’t like to have to deal with too many settings. Can you ever be sure you had it set right? Or do you keep tweaking settings and hunting the same place over and over because you’re never sure you had it right? I may end up getting one eventually, but it won’t be anytime soon. In the meantime, I expect to have some fun with the ATMax. And for me, it’s about having fun.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I like my at pro more than the at max....

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
I have done a lot of detecting, mostly with better machines. I agree that familiarity makes a difference, but how exactly do you define iffy signal? A quick, quiet chirp? Wobbling ID? Hi/Lo? Lo/HI? Good in one direction only?
It seems to me that if there was a consistent pattern to iffy targets, the manufacturers could program the machines to recognize them and ID them properly.
I also wonder at why detectors are not consistent on things they shouldn't miss. Ferrous and non ferrous objects are supposed to have opposite affects. Yet my CZ has a rep for misidentifying large rusty nails. Why? I was air testing a Bounty Hunter with some of my gold jewelry. All 18k, with one being a large ring. It kept identifying it as iron. Not flip top or nickel or foil, but the bottom of the scale at iron.
Why?
This irks me. Given the fundamental difference between ferrous and non ferrous, yet we cant trust our detectors to tell us? Heck, who needs $2000-$3000 detectors? Just grab an old BFO and dig everything

Poor old tom

Mar 22, 2018
Goldendale, Wa
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO x 2 - Equinox 800x2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm You guys are making me rethink my recent plans. I have been out of detecting for several years, but I still have my Whites DFX and the original MXT. They were top of the line when I bought them. Recently I bought a Garrett 300 for my grandkids to learn with, to see if they stick with it. I figured I would buy a Max or a Eq600, thinking that features must have advanced in the last several years I have been out of it. Just trying to decide gave me headaches. I like to hunt mostly burned out homestead cabin sites, I know a lot of them around Ontario Oregon and the southern parts of Washington state. I have found old rifle barrels and that excites me to --- well, maybe not extasy, but sure exciting . I need to find a pistol to go with them. Anyhow now I can't decide if I need to get newer machines or stick with the old ones. Ohhh decisions, decisions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread