Garrett is unbelieveable ...

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I must admit I have not been much of a Garrett user preferring Minelab.
Had a few, found no real faults, but was used to using the other.
But this is really making me think about it.

I bought a used Garrett AT-4 that when I got it, air checked really well.
At the beach and in dry sand it acted as if someone had tossed a handful of BB's out and it was detecting every one of them.
Totally un-stable and unusable.
I sent it in for what thought would be minor repair but was told the board had bad corrosion and the coil cable was pinched.
Sorry ... no parts for that model. Hey ... it is an older detector so I can understand that.

The guy that sold it to me prolly had it in his closet for a log time and didn't know either.
Least I hope that was the case.

OK so total loss right ... it happens.
I am thinking I could use the watertight case and stick another detector board in there.

Now the good part ... Garrett offers to trade it toward a new Infinium LS or Sea Hunter Mark II detector.
I wont say how much they are allowing but it will more than cover what paid for the defective AT4.
Since I was considering getting a good PI detector this is a fantastic offer from Garrett and some super service and support.
I did not buy this detector new ... am not the original owner ... but still Garrett is offering me this! WOW

I am very impressed and am having a problem deciding which detector would be the better one for me.
I hear some having problems with the Infinium but still, very good reports from those that are using them.
And with Garrett's service center being so close by, the attitude they are showing, should I really worry about that.

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank Garrett for offering mr such a deal and post this to let others know how they are treating people that use Garrett detectors.
But I guess here you all already know all this.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always got the best of service from Garrett. IE: 3 day turnaround to replace a defective coil. Had it back in my hands in just over a week. Monty

ColoradoGoldman

Jul 9, 2009
Falcon, CO.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300,Whites Pulse Scan TDI, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
Willee said:
I am very impressed and am having a problem deciding which detector would be the better one for me.
I hear some having problems with the Infinium but still, very good reports from those that are using them.
And with Garrett's service center being so close by, the attitude they are showing, should I really worry about that.

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank Garrett for offering mr such a deal and post this to let others know how they are treating people that use Garrett detectors.
But I guess here you all already know all this.
If your having a problem deciding I can offer my opinion. I got my Infinium about 10 days ago an let me tell you I feel like been in full time bull fight for last 9.5 days. I named my Infinium the Green Screamer. But that is another story. If you like the gold there is no other Detector that will find it like the Infinium in the worst ground conditions on this planet. I have a placer claim here in Colorado. The black sand here will make a beach look like a boyscout trail and the hot rocks are so bad you will not believe. That said I have come to love my Green Screamer. Here is a pix of my finds the first trip to the claim. Tow nuggets 2.75 gm and 4.35 gm of fine gold 22-23 Kt in about 1 hr of swinging. Love at first sight. lol

HH

CH

Attachments

• Colorado Claim.jpg
    Colorado Claim.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 442

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too had a Garrett AT but I only used it in freshwater at the time. Garrett is fantastic in it's service and it was nice for you to tell your experiences with Garrett. I wish they would come out with a waterproof detector for the freshwater that has disc.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently sold a GTI 2500 to a fellow treasure hunter that I had purchased used last year. I had used it only 3 times and never noticed it had a small problem. When it was leaning up at a certain angle it would all of a sudden go crazy. The guy sent it in to Garrett. I told him if there were any charges I would take care of it. The fine people at Garrett put in a new board with the light button rather than the treasure talk and put a new coil on it. All of this done for a charge of $0.00.....can any of the other companies beat that charge? That's what I call customer service.

One time I sent in another GTI 2500 that I had to have it checked. They put a new cable on it and sent me a couple of sets of washers and another bolt to hold the coil on. No charge for the extra things that they sent me and no charge for the work they did on it.

I'm saving up to buy another one and a new pin pointer.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had any problems with my garrett, but is great to see a company stand behind their product.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread