garrett master huntercx

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have upgraded the CX many times with newer circuits and boards that allow it to react faster to the ground matrix and report on the difference between two targets on top of each other. It is still a decent detector with the proper adjustments. It just doesn't have a LCD screen and a few other thangies.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
vetfan,
I have a CX II. It is still a good old machine. No, it doesn't have the depth capability of my Quattro, but it didn't cost $850 dollars either. It is dependable as heck. I've never had a problem with it in the one year plus that I have had it.

grizzly bare

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One huge advantage these older Garretts have is the detuning pinpointing. It will pinpoint a dime quickly in the center of the coil without having to X the area. Saves time, equals more sweeps per hour.

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
I still use my master hunter CX as my prime machine. Been using it for over 8 years. My only suggestions is to tape the disc. knobs as they like to adjust themselves... Great machine.

ernie

Jun 11, 2004
i had one and thought it was a great coin machine.a little heavy but it has one of the most accurate analog meter's i have ever owned.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
cx3 is in my opinion one of the best detectors ever made...alot better than much of the newer offerings.....and for your info...while i had mine i sent it in for service as a wire connection had come loose....when they returned it, it had papers telling what they did to it...one thing that was noted was that its circuitry had been updated...they did all this and even included a 6 inch coil as they found a crack in mine.....all this was done for free !!!! all i paid was shipping to them...and also notable was the fact that the unit was around 5-6 years past warranty period when this happened....gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread