04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT PRO,
Whites MXT TRACKER E-SERIES
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why my carrot with new battery installed is acting odd. while pinpointing a target, it will start buzzing and not stop even when I pull away from target. I have to either shut it down and restart or hit the button and it may stop for a second but will start buzzing again even if target is not visible. Has anybody have a similar problem with their pin pointer? Its still under warranty if I need to return it.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same thing happened to me. I was told to try another new battery, and it worked after that. GL

I was going to state the same thing. Not sure if you had a fresh battery in there or not but it's weird how electronics work. Even if the battery is good, I would change it out and see what difference it makes.

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. The carrot must use more power than the old propointer. A friend took his battery out of an old propointer (working fine) and put it in his carrot. Weird responses and buzzing. Replaced the battery with a new one and the issue went away!

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have replaced the battery with a new one several times and the same thing happens. It will work fine for a couple holes and then starts doing the same thing again.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to state the obvious but it's not near any metal while your doing this right? (Wrist watch, digger, stuff in your pockets if your kneeling next to the hole, etc...)

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One last thing. The carrot allows you to ground balance it if you are in highly mineralized soil. Before you turn it on touch the pointer to the dirt inside the hole, then turn it on. Once it's on you lift away from the dirt and conduct your search.

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jadocs...I turn the pointer away from me and turn it on above the ground. I will try and ground balance it. My ground here balances around 92. I will follow up after my next hunt.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So does it work properly in the air at home?

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jadocs...I turn the pointer away from me and turn it on above the ground. I will try and ground balance it. My ground here balances around 92. I will follow up after my next hunt.

Okay. Went out this morning and tried the ground balance. First off it worked okay, but after a couple holes it acted up again. First, it kept sounding off after moving away from target, then it stopped working altogether except for the light. Turned on and off again, without any improvement. Will beep and vibrate when going through the menu, but will do nothing while trying to pinpoint. Time to see if Garrett will honor their warranty.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a faulty unit. Garrett will take care of you I'm sure. Don't get discouraged, the carrot is a great pointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread