Garrett pin pointers

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is two to chose from .Is the only diff the orange one can be used in water ? Can the orange one be use on land as well ? For $17 more for the orange one if it can be used the same as the black one with being able to go in water also why would you not just but the orange one ? Fairly new to detecting and tired of trying to use my hand running dirt under the coil and looking at the detector at the same time .Not that I will ever be detecting in water but what if ?

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also will the pin pointer hit on anything the detector will ? From gold to a tin can ?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Both can be used on land. The orange one has adjustable sensitivity, vibrate/audio choices plus will sound off if not used just in cse you lost it. The black one can not be used in water and is a turn on and go pin-pointer with few adjustments.
Pro Ponter vs.  Garrett Carrot.jpg

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got the original pinpointer and the AT. I like the original better....

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Coal". Sometimes a chunk of coal will give a stable enough reading to dig, but the older style Pro pointer has to make contact with the coal to sound off. I haven't tried my AT Pro pointer on land to see if it has a different responce.

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not have the best detector but it works .It is really a pain not having a pointer .I will not be scuba diving and I am new to pointers so I will go with the black pointer .Thanks for the input .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are limiting yourself. The Garrett Carrot is the way to go. But what do "I know...Till recently 'I used a screwdriver. Garrett Carrot.PNG

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ordered the AT for my wife yesterday...should be here tomorrow. I have used the original Garrett Pro-Pointer for roughly a year now....has never failed me other than the occasional false which is rectified by a restart.

I originally had the PP2 in the cart....but for the price of $17 extra it just might come in handy to be water-proof someday.

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went with the black pro 2 for $110.00 shipped . As I said I am new to pin pointers and do not want to be fooling around with settings , I just want to go go go . I live in south dakota in the town laura ingalls wilder lived in . My house was built in 1913 we have an old picnic grove on the edge of town I found a 1942merc dime and I am hooked .I will have to get a AT pro detector at some point as I have a cheap MP digital I got for x-mas .It works but I dig a lot of junk .The pointer will help a lot and save time digging huge holes and searching forever .

New Garrett Pro Pointer II Metal Detector Pinpointer Probe Authorized Dealer | eBay

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the Pro Pointers have 2, but the Garrett carrot is the way to go. You can adjust senditivity, its water proof ands is way more sensitive than the original. Using a screw driver slide method I can pin point objects to 8 inches before digging

ErGarber

Feb 17, 2016
Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the propointer AT. I got it used with my AT Pro. It worked perfect for the first hour of my first day ever. I didn't know the difference. Now the sound doesn't work and it is not near as sensitive as it used to be. I have messed with the settings and changed battery. The non use warning still works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread