Garrett Pro Pointer AT (aka "Garrett Carrot")

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know whether the subject pin pointer operating system is VLF or PI ?

This piece of information is not included in the specifications for the Garrett Pro Pointer AT, at the
Garrett website (garrett.com), Kellyco or any other of several links I checked using various search window wording, such as the example below.

Example: Which operating system does the Garrett Pro pointer AT have, VLF or PI ?

Now, if I can be allowed a little mild rant, why is this piece of data omitted and kept secret ? You might say "Because most people wouldn't understand the difference between VLF and PI technology anyway, so why include it ? ". But, I've noticed that manufacturers of different pin pointer brands and their retailers usually include Operating Frequency in the specs. and the average person not educated in electronics has no idea how to analyze that piece of data either, so why not include the type of operating system, e.g. VLF or PI ?

Returning to my original question again, does anyone know whether the subject pin pointer operating system is VLF or PI ?

Thanks for your reply.

ToddB64

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett Carrot.PNG
I might be wrong but the Garrett Carrot might be PI since it has no disc just sensitivity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread