Garrett Pro Pointer sounds question...

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a pro pointer and was excited to try it out. I put in the battery and noticed it doesn't sound anything like the others I have heard on the numerous You Tube videos I have watched....Instead of very quick beeping tones, mine just has a single tone....even when I am close to metal (air test) its sounds nothing like the others....Is this an issue? Going to run errands later and will get a new 9v battery just in case...Thanks for any input...SB

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well hope it works out. Mine starts beeping when it gets about 2" (depend on target size) from metal then the beeps get faster the closer it gets to the target. When you turn it on it should beep twice.

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did it cost over 100 dollars.. or did you buy a cheep piece of sh*t from china that is a fake knock off ? It should have 3 different tones and vibrations, one for kinda of close.. one more for closer.. and then a solid tone for touching your item.. If it does not have 3 seperate tones.. and 3 seperate vibrations for proximity you have bought a fake .....

OP
OP
Shorty Buckshot

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE.....I took the propointer to a local coin shop that sells the pro pointer and other Garrett stuff....compared one of theirs to the one I got....not even close....mine is definitely a fake....I got it off EBay and contacted the seller....he said he had another complaint on one he just sold and will refund my money....sending it back Monday....fingers crossed he follows through....Shorty

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
live and learn...

no shortage of reputable vendors here on Tnet...

sheepdog

May 6, 2015
Mid TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
AT Pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shorty Buckshot I just order a Garrett AT pro pinpointer from big boy hobbies. CALL and talk to Bart he will hook you up. Its better paying a little more for guaranteed quality. Ive been riped off on stuff before as well. You know the old saying if its too good to be true......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread