Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

When I was up in Maine, I purchased a ProPointer AT at Cabellas. It worked great for a few days, but for some reason it just stopped working. It has not been dropped, it hasn't been damaged, and it hasn't been tampered with. It doesn't register anything. I can set it to different sensitivities, but it doesn't detect anything.

Any suggestions?

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

When I was up in Maine, I purchased a ProPointer AT at Cabellas. It worked great for a few days, but for some reason it just stopped working. It has not been dropped, it hasn't been damaged, and it hasn't been tampered with. It doesn't register anything. I can set it to different sensitivities, but it doesn't detect anything.

Any suggestions?
Call Garrett I'm sure they will make it good. I have had my AT Penpointer for some time now with no problems but sometimes things go wrong.

You may want to check and make sure the battery didn't come lose.

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take batteries out and then back in - Also, new battery.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just as the folks before me have stated, put in a new battery and try it again and see if that solves your issue. I once had a brand new Garrett pinpointer sent to me with a dead battery right out of the box. You just never know how long the pinpointer was sitting on the shelf.

OP
OP
Monstarules

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Done, tried with several new batteries, Energizer to Duracell. All quite shockingly tasty batteries too :p guess I gotta give em a ring. The light stays on, it's just literally not detecting.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Done, tried with several new batteries, Energizer to Duracell. All quite shockingly tasty batteries too :p guess I gotta give em a ring. The light stays on, it's just literally not detecting.
Yep send it back these things don't happen very often but sometimes they do. But you will love that pen pointer once it gets replaced.

OP
OP
Monstarules

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay! I'll wait patiently, but I can't detect great without my pinpointer, and the BH one I have is MIA :(

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could also try turning unit on while holding tip of pinpointer against the ground. Sounds like yours definitely has more of an issue but worth a try.

I've dealt with Garrett about pinpointer issues a couple different times and they were amazing and very helpful. Great bunch of people there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread