Garrett Quandry

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, and thanks in advance for any advice!

I am considering purchasing the new Garrett ATX Pro Deepseeker package but am a little hesitant at spending another 3 grand on another metal detector. I have a Teknetics T2 LE with the oversized 15 inch double D coil, an old Whites Super X 500 two box, and a Garrett GTI 2500 with the Treasure hound / Eagle eye deepseeking pakage, (and other asstd detectors). Over 90% of my detecting is for ancient caches, the other 10% is coin shooting and near surface stuff. In the area I live, the Garrett GTI drives me nuts when using the deepseeker attachment on it, due to high mineralization, (mostly iron). Will this new pulse technology help me? To what depths will I get readings with the ATX Pro Deepseeker? And last, but not least, am I just chasing my tail by spending on another detector?

As I previously wrote, any and all opinions are more than welcome! I am at a total loss, (and the wife thinks I have enough detectors all ready)
Thanks to all......

Last edited:

Molemann

Nov 30, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Deus, ETrac, MXT Pro, Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No such thing as "enough detectors"

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pulse Induction equals more depth, and EVERY piece of metal the coil passes over. If you have $3,000.00 to spend on your hobby - spend it and sell two of your other machines.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its always nice to have a backup, but i never understood what the point was owning 4+ plus machines like some do...It would make it harder to actualy Learn ONE machine..and not just "Understand" the tones..but to really LEARN it

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATX Deepseeker package hasn't been out in the states yet, but will be soon. You might be the first to use it for cache hunting. So far, the ATX has more than met expectations. They have been hard to keep in stock, although I do have some standard ATX in at the moment.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ATX Deepseeker package hasn't been out in the states yet, but will be soon. You might be the first to use it for cache hunting. So far, the ATX has more than met expectations. They have been hard to keep in stock, although I do have some standard ATX in at the moment.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

what's the deepseeker package entail as opposed to "standard" (?) package?

any major cost difference too?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, and thanks in advance for any advice!

I am considering purchasing the new Garrett ATX Pro Deepseeker package but am a little hesitant at spending another 3 grand on another metal detector. I have a Teknetics T2 LE with the oversized 15 inch double D coil, an old Whites Super X 500 two box, and a Garrett GTI 2500 with the Treasure hound / Eagle eye deepseeking pakage, (and other asstd detectors). Over 90% of my detecting is for ancient caches, the other 10% is coin shooting and near surface stuff. In the area I live, the Garrett GTI drives me nuts when using the deepseeker attachment on it, due to high mineralization, (mostly iron). Will this new pulse technology help me? To what depths will I get readings with the ATX Pro Deepseeker? And last, but not least, am I just chasing my tail by spending on another detector?

As I previously wrote, any and all opinions are more than welcome! I am at a total loss, (and the wife thinks I have enough detectors all ready)
Thanks to all......
Sounds like you lack a pi machine. I am a fisher fan, but they dont have a pi machine, so atx is a way to go. I too spend too much on my toys. I too have the 15 inch coil for the f75, very stable coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread