Garrett reaches out to help me in Brazil

fortaleza

Jun 15, 2013
Northern Illinois, Fortaleza Brazil
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett Ace 250, 2 Garrett Pro Pointers gotta have a backup
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We come to Fortaleza Brazil every winter for a long stay. I have my AT Pro and Ace 250 with my Pro Pointer AT. Well my Pro pointer was acting up and I do not have a backup here. So I called Texas and talked to Garrett customer service about my problem. They said to contact Brasil Detectores in another state and send them my defective Pro PointerAT. They sent me a new one which I received today. What great service from Garrett and Brasil Detectores. Garrett has you covered no matter where you are. Thank you Garrett.

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank for reporting on this. I live in Brasil now and it is good to know where to order or expect service from.
I am planning to purchase a new detector in June when I am back in the US and knowing that Garrett has this kind of service here certainly helps with brand choice.

OP
OP
F

fortaleza

Jun 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett Ace 250, 2 Garrett Pro Pointers gotta have a backup
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Top! A tip when you send something back to a Brasil Detectores or other MD shop use Sedex 3 or 4 days service and contact them to use same type of service for return. You will pay for the service but you will get it back in a timely manner. I did not do that so they sent it on Feb 5th and I received it on Feb 26. Must have been the cheapest way. But I got it. I recommend getting spares (coil, propointer, arm cuff, the bolt for coil base maybe another MD) for your stay. I hope this helps. MDing the Brazilian coins is a real learning experience. They come up with tampas/bottle caps,nails, iron. How long do you stay?

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Top! A tip when you send something back to a Brasil Detectores or other MD shop use Sedex 3 or 4 days service and contact them to use same type of service for return. You will pay for the service but you will get it back in a timely manner. I did not do that so they sent it on Feb 5th and I received it on Feb 26. Must have been the cheapest way. But I got it. I recommend getting spares (coil, propointer, arm cuff, the bolt for coil base maybe another MD) for your stay. I hope this helps. MDing the Brazilian coins is a real learning experience. They come up with tampas/bottle caps,nails, iron. How long do you stay?

I live here, I am a permanent resident. I've been here more or less since 2008.
Yeah, the coin composition is mostly steel or stainless steel. See: Moedas do Brasil

Do you use your AT Pro in the wet sand and water?

Forteleza is a beautiful area. We love the North East. We spent 7 weeks last year traveling from beach to beach via buses, boats and carts from Jericoacoara, CE down to Vitoria, ES. Some amazing deserted beaches, breathtaking scenery.

OP
OP
F

fortaleza

Jun 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the AT Pro in wet sand and not in water because I don't have a scoop. Damp and wet sand finds as deep as 10 inches. Pinpointers a must.
I use a tide chart for my hunting. I do ok with coins and rings.

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the AT Pro in wet sand and not in water because I don't have a scoop. Damp and wet sand finds as deep as 10 inches. Pinpointers a must.
I use a tide chart for my hunting. I do ok with coins and rings.

I bought a scoop from this guy Sand Scoop Profi-3 - BIP METAL I am very happy with it. I put in a wooden handle I bought at a locl hardware store. If you do not have tools to do that it is pretty easy to hire it done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread