Garrett Scorpion Gets Another Rare, Old Silver, Jewelry, Loot, Tokens etc....

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
SCORPIONSFINDS2.jpg
I don't have tiny nuggets to find in and around Edmonton with this detector, but it sure seems to find the coins. I have been saving this area for the Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger to see how it would pan out. Well, it again surprised me. I set it up as the manual suggested, and ran my sensitivity a little higher then the default setting. You don't hear a loud bell tone on good targets, but what you hear is a nice soft smooth sound in all directions on good targets. I search in the deep true all metal mode, then when I get a target, I flip the switch to motion discriminate. If the audio maintains itself, or decreases slightly, I dig it. Here's a 6 1/2 hour hunt yesterday.

HEART2-2.jpg
My first target was that heart locket with a chain still attached to it. A nice find too! My daughter will be thrilled once she gets her paws on it. I continued searching, even when it started raining. That other round thingy is stamped .925, has a couple of jewelers marks on it and a number. I am baffled by it??? A passerby stated "dam companies even make you work in the rain" :lol I just agreed with him.

NICEOLD2.jpg
Here's the best of the best. Nice old silver quarters,a large cent and some nickels. That 1925 penny is a rare mint one.

CURRENTCOINVALUES2.jpg
Here's a copy out of one of my coin books depicting the mintage and value of that penny. Darned blind luck with that find. :)

scorpiongold-w-logo.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread