Garrett Treasure Ace 300 Startup problems

Sargeue

May 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Just joined this forum and wondered if I could get some help with my newly found Garrett Treasure Ace 300? (Not to be confused with the 300i model, this is the older model) I bought it at a garage sale for $3 and figured it had problems, but it did come with Garrett headphones which alone was worth the price. Anyway, I inserted 2 brand new 9V Durecell batteries and when I turn on the unit the small LCD screen comes on for a few seconds and then nothing. I took it apart and cleaned it and adjusted the terminals thinking the contacts were not making a good connection. No help there! Can anyone help me out with this or maybe a schematic of the board to test with my multimeter? I did a google search for the schematic, but could find nothing. Thanks for any and all help!

P.S. I did check the one switch that controls the sensitivity and other controls and got voltage on my meter, but nothing on the power/volume knob. Not sure if it is suppose to have voltage or not! (I would think so)

OP
OP
S

Sargeue

May 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELP!!!

Hello all,

Just joined this forum and wondered if I could get some help with my newly found Garrett Treasure Ace 300? (Not to be confused with the 300i model, this is the older model) I bought it at a garage sale for $3 and figured it had problems, but it did come with Garrett headphones which alone was worth the price. Anyway, I inserted 2 brand new 9V Durecell batteries and when I turn on the unit the small LCD screen comes on for a few seconds and then nothing. I took it apart and cleaned it and adjusted the terminals thinking the contacts were not making a good connection. No help there! Can anyone help me out with this or maybe a schematic of the board to test with my multimeter? I did a google search for the schematic, but could find nothing. Thanks for any and all help!

P.S. I did check the one switch that controls the sensitivity and other controls and got voltage on my meter, but nothing on the power/volume knob. Not sure if it is suppose to have voltage or not! (I would think so)

I see 118 views, but not one reply! It is hard to believe that no one has any information about this model. I have been trying to find any information and/or specs since I posted here to no avail! Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread