Garrett Z-Lynk...................

James/Texas

Mar 6, 2008
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Many. A lot. Whole bunch. Several.
Garrett z-Lynk. Who has one and are you having problems with the transmitter suddenly shutting off?? I am presently on my 3rd unit. Garrett has been good at replacing problem units for me but this is beginning to bother me. The first unit I had was defective and the transmitter wouldn't take a charge. I got a replacement charged it up and took it out. After about 30 minutes, the transmitter suddenly stopped working. It did this 3 more times before the hunt was over. Again, I called Garrett and the sent me another unit. I charged it up and took it out the next day. Again, I used it with my X-terra 705 and again, after around 30 minutes, the transmitter suddenly turned itself off. I changed detectors to my Fisher F19 and after 30 minutes, the transmitter shut off again. I turned it back on and after another 30 minutes the transmitter again shut off. This is the 3rd unit and I am getting tired of messing with this issue. The unit should not go off! This is unacceptable! I am going to call Garrett again and have a talk with them. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem with their unit. If so, Garrett has a big problem.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two sets.. they work perfectly.

Very strange that you would have the same problem with three different units... is Garrett confirming these problems or are they just throwing new units at you?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread