Garrett??

buckwht

Sep 25, 2005
I'am new here and just getting back into metal detecting for coins.
I have a Garrett VLF deepseeker master hunter 7, about 18-19 years old.
It works fine for me, but I was wondering what is the difference between
mine and the newer GTI 2500 series?
Can you pick up coin's any deeper?
Would I be wasting my money for the upgrade to achieve a little
more depth?
I'am a coin hunter, any tips would be helpfull.
Thanks,
Rod

Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

My 2nd detector was the Garrett 7 but I've never tried the 2500, so I can't say what the difference is. But todays Whites and Minelab and Fisher (which I own all three) and generaly most top end models of the namebrand companys detectors of today, are much more advanced and far far deeper. Not 1 or 2 inches, but 4, 5 and 6 inches deeper. There is a bit of a learning curve with some of todays machines, but it's no big deal. Unless your just brand loyal, you might want to consider other brands also. Also the Garrett 7's electronics might be a little tired. Not to say, it isn't ok to just keep and use the 7, but there is much better performing machines out there.
Good luck HH

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buckwht said:
I'am new here and just getting back into metal detecting for coins.
I have a Garrett VLF deepseeker master hunter 7, about 18-19 years old.
It works fine for me,Rod

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOLA ROD: I am not acquainted with the newest models other than most work on a higher frequency (ies). For coins etc. they are undoubtedly better, but for caches or deep larger objects, the old ADS 7 is still tops. You will have to go to the twin box types to beat it, and even then with the blood hound attachment is can hold it's own down to 8 - 10 ft..
]
Jose de La Mancha ( I tilt windmills )

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A hunting buddy of mine has a GTI2500, and he loves the imaging feature. I think it has a good potential for finding rings because rings tend to read "smaller" than coin size targets. He will usually dig any good signal if it is coin size or smaller. I use a Fisher CZ6, and I think that detector gets somewhat better depth. We have compaired signals on deep coins and many times I will get a signal where he wont. I'm not saying that the Fisher is better, I just think it goes a little deeper. He wouldn't trade his GTI2500 for my Fisher either.

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
One of the nicer advantages a new detector has over an old detector, in my opinion, is the weight. Todays machines are quite a bit lighter.

jleland

Sep 21, 2005
NE
You can't go wrong with todays technology. ANd Garret has many of the patents on technologies the other brand are simply mimicking. Today's circuitry is cleaner, more efficient, more reliable and use less batteries and they last longer. My next machine is a GTI2500, I own the GTAx1250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread