dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To be direct..the answer would be yes...it's a great starter machine....but I think you will want to upgrade to a machine that gives a better repeatable signal..instead of the bell tones of the 250...look at youtube and watch the Garrett AT PRO....

I have over a hundred hours using the 250....it is a great machine to start..but if you become a die hard...you may want to upgrade...so all i'm saying is get the AT PRO to start...help that helps...HH and good luck

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace 250 is definitely a good machine. Just look at some of the posts, and finds, that some folks using the 250 have. Now, with that said, and for just about the same money, I would also suggest you seriously consider the Fisher F2. You have a 5 year warranty, cam-lock, user-selectable tones, and you can buy it as a 2 coil package, or with the 8" concentric or just the 11" DD. So depending on where you intend to primarily hunt, you can buy the machine with the coil of your choice. It is a very capable machine, and there is much written about it on all the forums.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread