Garretts New PRO-POINTER

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Attachments

• THISREPLACESTHIS2 (2).jpg
    THISREPLACESTHIS2 (2).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 478
  • THISREPLACESTHIS2 (2).jpg
    THISREPLACESTHIS2 (2).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome... finally something substantial on it!
Thanks for the link, JE!

Bran <><

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I read where they were selling them for abt 145 bucks....In fact, think Warsawdaddy ordered one.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Yeah I heard originally $49 but then I heard the $149.95???

Kind of steep for a pin pointer.

Still looks good though.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know were they are getting them at i can't find them for sale any were???????????/

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:
Yeah I heard originally $49 but then I heard the $149.95???

Kind of steep for a pin pointer.

Still looks good though.

Got mine coming on Monday the 14th. Paid $125.00 shipped with the normal goody bag throw ins that Garret incudes. Man I can't wait to try it out.

HH
DJH

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
So can someone that has one give me a mini- review?

I have a Vibraprobe 570 which will NOT work with the Explorer but I love the holster and shape because it fits on my belt.

What about this one? Does it interfere with anyone's detector?

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one and love it.
It beats the crap out of my bullseye II.
It is more sensitive and goes 2 inches deeper.
It even picks up what my Sunray misses.
Garretts have got a winner as far as I'm concerned.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
mastereagle22 said:

I have a Vibraprobe 570 which will NOT work with the Explorer but I love the holster and shape because it fits on my belt.

I have one but have only done a air test so far.I also have a VibraProbe.I like the quality and the air test beats any of the others.If I use it before the cth,I'll let you know,otherwise you can try it at the hunt.

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:

Well, I got mine on Tuesday and was able to try it out over the past few days. Man this thing is pretty good and fits in the hand quite comfortably as well. I have a Explorer SE and was using the Vibraprobe 560 before purchasing the Garrett. The 560 would cross talk with the SE and just be annoying going through the headphones. The Garrett on the other hand did not cause any cross talk at all and is quite sensitive. Air testing with my ring, it would start sensing at approx. 1 1/2" - 2". I think that the grip could have been rubberized or maybe had some type of grip grooves to it, as it seemed a bit on the slick side, but still not to bad. Vibration is good and strong and the audible tone is not to annoying and could be heard with with the headphones on. In a nutshell, I am very pleased with the pinpointer and do not think that anyone would be disappointed in it. Heck, even m 2 detecting buddies even said that they are going to buy one. If I remember correctly this operates at 12Mhz frequency if that helps with any answers.

HH
DJH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
mastereagle22 said:

Well, I got mine on Tuesday and was able to try it out over the past few days. Man this thing is pretty good and fits in the hand quite comfortably as well. I have a Explorer SE and was using the Vibraprobe 560 before purchasing the Garrett. The 560 would cross talk with the SE and just be annoying going through the headphones. The Garrett on the other hand did not cause any cross talk at all and is quite sensitive. Air testing with my ring, it would start sensing at approx. 1 1/2" - 2". I think that the grip could have been rubberized or maybe had some type of grip grooves to it, as it seemed a bit on the slick side, but still not to bad. Vibration is good and strong and the audible tone is not to annoying and could be heard with with the headphones on. In a nutshell, I am very pleased with the pinpointer and do not think that anyone would be disappointed in it. Heck, even m 2 detecting buddies even said that they are going to buy one. If I remember correctly this operates at 12Mhz frequency if that helps with any answers.

HH
DJH

i have a question for you. can you turn the sound off and only use the vibration only,or do you always have to use both vibration and sound?

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a question for you. can you turn the sound off and only use the vibration only,or do you always have to use both vibration and sound?
[/quote]

You are stuck with sound and vibration all at one time. :( I was thinking about that when I was using it and thought that my hand would cover the little speaker when pinpointing. I guess if you do not like the audible, one could wrap electricians tape around the are where the speaker is. While I was answering this I thought about the grip being a bit on the slick side and was looking for some neoprene material like they use in wetsuits. That would take care of the slick grip and being that I would more thanlikely wrap it around the grip area, that would take care of the audible tone as well. :thumbsup: One thing that the instruction manual states is that it should not be submersed past the speaker vent although momentary submergence will not damage the product. The sifting blade is not what some people are thinking that it is. It is not like a comb with teeth or has holes in it. It should probably been called a scraping blade at best. Although, you can scrape with the barrel of any pinpointer when you have your soil on a ground cloth.
The holster that it comes with has a Velcro belt loop backed up with a metal snap, so it should not come off of ones belt accidentally. Nice thing about that is you do not have to remove anything off of your belt to slide this on or off.
Hopefully this will have helped answer your question and others as well.
HH
DJH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread