Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty Sure the Last time I watched, Which has been few years ago, & IF I Remember correctly,
NO ! they had to get an Archie on Site
to dig, Which is Right up the Producers Alley Anyway.
For every Tin Can they dig, with a Little slight of hand, and camera trickery, they can prove their latest Theory :laughing7:

That hole in the ground has been a baseless investor money pit for a loooong time before it ever became the TV show. Absolutely nothing to suggest that it was ever anything more then an old mining shaft. As is often the case, it's the complete absence of any true evidences or facts that allows for so many different theories. I mean, if there did exist any true evidences and facts then all of those other "possibilities" could never exist......:laughing7:

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the guy, but it does bug me a little that he never digs his targets.

He always a designated digger with him.....don't they trust him?

I noticed that. He's "too good to dig".. LOL
It might hurt his magic arm of metal detecting.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
That hole in the ground has been a baseless investor money pit for a loooong time before it ever became the TV show. Absolutely nothing to suggest that it was ever anything more then an old mining shaft. As is often the case, it's the complete absence of any true evidences or facts that allows for so many different theories. I mean, if there did exist any true evidences and facts then all of those other "possibilities" could never exist......:laughing7:

I have my doubts about treasure being there as they wish to depict it, but even if it's only the stuff from others following a story that what they left behind is historic and interesting to me. Technically, they have found treasure there with jewelry and coins, but to say there's a huge treasure buried way down deep, I dunno. I am peaked with interest on why ancient stone roads were built. That swamp is hiding history for sure.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my doubts about treasure being there as they wish to depict it, but even if it's only the stuff from others following a story that what they left behind is historic and interesting to me. Technically, they have found treasure there with jewelry and coins, but to say there's a huge treasure buried way down deep, I dunno. I am peaked with interest on why ancient stone roads were built. That swamp is hiding history for sure.

We could go to just about any location of the planet and manufacture the same type of a continuing drama. Here in Indiana I can find fossilized coral, old Spanish have been found here in one of the local rivers, etc., etc., etc. What is never talked on this show, however, is all of the details and other strong evidences that are contrary to the show's narrative. That alone should tell viewers something.......

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is on T.V. right now... just detected a doorknob... a minute ago they showed "some ancient iron"... which made me squint closely to look at how much it resembles the modern flat pry bar that's in my tool chest.

In fact I own 2 of em. heh

Are your pry bars templar?

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea people, how can we turn this into a part time job, or more. Work free first to get started then offer your services for lost and dislocated items, great idea, what’s the ideal presentation, thanks

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea people, how can we turn this into a part time job, or more. Work free first to get started then offer your services for lost and dislocated items, great idea, what’s the ideal presentation, thanks

The first thing to do would be to IDENTIFY a need in your area. Who would need your expertise? Two that come to mind are PROPERTY STAKES and LOST RINGS. How would you get the word out to enough people that you are available to work? If you become a member of the Ringfinders network, there is a fee, but that’s a large platform for which people to find you in the first place. You could simply hang business cards at the local shop bulletin boards, and so on. You could weld a metal detector to the roof of your car and be “that guy”....kinda like the Weinermobile but much more weird. Understand...you’ll be dealing with PEOPLE, one of the things that metal detectorists are famously keen to avoid.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are your pry bars templar?

Nahhh the ones on the show were obviously Templar because they were found on Oak Island. heh

They used them to pry stuff :)

Templars invented the act of "prying"... dint ya know ?

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The worst part of Oak Island IMO is the “suggestive narration”. “A pry bar? From the 1700’s? Could it be that the KT were here and they used this bar to build the.....” It’s insulting really. But then again, as we have seen in recent months...people will believe anything if they want to believe.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The worst part of Oak Island IMO is the “suggestive narration”. “A pry bar? From the 1700’s? Could it be that the KT were here and they used this bar to build the.....” It’s insulting really. But then again, as we have seen in recent months...people will believe anything if they want to believe.

Imagine if Gold Rush had the same narration-

A speck of black sand? Found in a dry river bed? In gold county? Near where gold has been dug countless multiple times in the past hundred years? Could this be the "Big One", the Mother Lode that Tood Hoffman has been searching for?

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
We could go to just about any location of the planet and manufacture the same type of a continuing drama. Here in Indiana I can find fossilized coral, old Spanish have been found here in one of the local rivers, etc., etc., etc. What is never talked on this show, however, is all of the details and other strong evidences that are contrary to the show's narrative. That alone should tell viewers something.......

Yes, I suppose you're right, but what's wrong with history? Just because history is everywhere doesn't detract from the significance of the past as there's many stories out there. Some stories you aren't aware of because they haven't been uncovered. Remember that if Oak Island treasure is a rumor wouldn't it be interesting to find out who started it and why, not to mention the relationship to all that has been found there thus far?

I do agree with you guys that the narration is over the top though.

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that the executive producers and the writers figure out each weeks segment then tell the cast to review the script and they rehearse . film and edit..They seem to follow a routine that they know keeps people tuned in..Perhaps the island at one time had some secrets one is how did Samuel Ball purchased so so much land?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I am not sure on exact phrase they used... it wasn't "prybar"... I said it looked just like a prybar... they were insinuating it was something much older etc.

Swing_Tailor

Greenie
Feb 17, 2021
Lehigh Valley Pa
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He hung out by a treasure dredge barge 30 yards off his beach. I was surprised the owner of the dredge boat didn't file claim. The territory around the working site is generally no go. But good for him for cherry picking it.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he want's to give up his job, I'll take it ! I'd love to get paid for metal detecting, whether I found anything or not.

And he has some guy following him around with a shovel to do his digging.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I suppose you're right, but what's wrong with history? Just because history is everywhere doesn't detract from the significance of the past as there's many stories out there. Some stories you aren't aware of because they haven't been uncovered. Remember that if Oak Island treasure is a rumor wouldn't it be interesting to find out who started it and why, not to mention the relationship to all that has been found there thus far?

I do agree with you guys that the narration is over the top though.

Point is, the whole notion behind the show is a false narrative, absolutely nothing to suggest that the location or the mine had anything at all to do with treasure. It would different if that evidence actually existed but all they are doing is fabricating and manufacturing those false evidences after the fact. Not the people I want to rely on for any accurate explanations of history.....lol

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Point is, the whole notion behind the show is a false narrative, absolutely nothing to suggest that the location or the mine had anything at all to do with treasure. It would different if that evidence actually existed but all they are doing is fabricating and manufacturing those false evidences after the fact. Not the people I want to rely on for any accurate explanations of history.....lol

Don't confuse those who record history with those running the show. The show is just entertainment and very unreliable.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Look just saying , he’s on oak island as a metal detector expert, YouTube videos, he’s from where Australia. I mean is this guy legit or is he just rambling I found another relic, seems nice guy but asking any of you , thankyou

Do a search on his name and read his threads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread