Gaspars Treasure

gaspars ego

Jan 29, 2005
florida
Detector(s) used
MPX DIGITAL
? ? Hello Fellow hunters,

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Hey guys I'm new to the treasure hunting game and just registered onto this site. So far it's been very confusing.

Anyway I'm glad to be here and hope to correspond with as many of as i can. I've always wanted to treasure hunt but for one

reason or another never have. This year I'd like to make more of an effort. I just recently moved to Florida and since I'm so close

to so many treasures maybey I'll get lucky. thanks for letting me ramble on and if anyone can help I'm trying to research gaspars

treasure buried in troublesome creek. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Thank you,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Steve

Beach_hunter

Jan 20, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Steve, welcome to Florida. I live in the Tampa area and have already found some of Gaspars treasur, well sort of. Detectors here are XLT and Prizm IV. I'm looking for a good salt water surf detector.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,557
  • scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,539
OP
OP
gaspars ego

gaspars ego

Jan 29, 2005
florida
Detector(s) used
MPX DIGITAL
Thanks for the replies guys ;D hey dell your not far from me i live in minneola maybe well go on a hunt together some time.

im also researching lost towns in Florida and there seems to be many of them. and a few down your way. Anyway i'm really interested

and try to get out with my md as much as possible yesterday i found a chucky cheese token pretty cool.

Kent FL

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2005
Hi Guys. Good to see some people in my neck of the woods. Born and raised here in St. Pete. Welcome to the hobby G.E. There is a site called GHOSTOWNS.COM that has a pretty large list of sites you might find interesting. I`m new to this site but have been swinging the loop for quite a while. I might be able to help a bit with local info if you need it. Grab some fresh batts and do it!!!

OP
OP
gaspars ego

gaspars ego

Jan 29, 2005
florida
Detector(s) used
MPX DIGITAL
Thanks kent for your reply and you can be sure i'll be picking your brain

Again thans for the reply.

C

Cofresipirate

1)LOCATED ABOUT 1 3/4 MILES WEST OF PLACIDA AND ON LITTLE GASPARILLA ISLAND. GASPARILLA? BURIED TREASURE ON THE NORTH END OF LITTLE GASPARILLA ISLAND.
2)LOCATED ON CAYO PELAU ISLAND, ABOUT 3 MILES NORTHEAST OF BOCA GRANDE AND ABOUT 3 MILES SOUTH OF PLACIDA ON THE BAYSIDE OF GASPARILLA ISLAND. A VAST PIRATE TREASURE IS SUPPOSED TO BE BURIED IN A VAULT ON CAYO PELAU ISLAND.
3)3 COPPER LINED TREASURE CHESTS WERE SUNK IN QUICKSAND ALONG CORAL CREEK, NORTH OF PLACIDA.
4)A SPANISH SHIP LIES SANK OFF THE ENTRANCE TO GASPARILLA PASS.
5)AN UNIDENTIFIED AMERICAN FRIGATE SANK IN 25 FEET? NEAR THE GULF ENTRANCE OF GASPARILLA PASS. SHE SUPPOSEDLY CARRIED $1,000,000 IN COINS.
6)LOCATED ABOUT 2? 1/2 MILES WEST SOUTHWEST OF FORT OGDEN, NEAR THE SHORE OF LETTUCE LAKE.? A $2,000,000 TREASURE WAS BURIED.

HH

Ricardo

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
The History of Pirates
by Angus/ Cordingly, David Konstam (Author)
Totally states and denies that Gasparilla ever existed! This is information supplied to the Author by the United States NAVY. I think it's a Raegan/Challenger (space shuttle), like/hate thing. :o
1898: Brown sugar, condensed milk, and Spanish expresso coffee. "Gasparilla Coffee", also "Florida Coffee" was served in fine hotels around the state. :coffee2:
:read2:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Don't waste your time researching Gaspar. He never existed. If you want to go after pirates, then go after the real ones. Their were plenty that plied the west coast of Florida and they left quite a legacy.
Aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
pccvanwilder said:
gaspar existed. i have proof... and thats all i will say as i have said plenty in other places on this site about gasparilla.

If that's all you're going to say, why mention your "Proof"?
Prove it!
Aqauanut

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First get yourself a medium-range gator detector!

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
Well isnt this a good ole Florida thread? lol. I`m in Plant City, 5th genration Floridian. there is all kinds of stuff to look for here beside pirate stuff. My ancestor had a Fort on the east coast, named Fort Capron ,their payroll was lost while being rowed in and it was found in the late 60`s I believe, by 2 guys out snorkeling n the bay. Another Fort site in my town here is on the path for destruction, 2,000 homes sre going on that spot and I have seen some nice artifacts that came off of there.

I dig/dive for artifacts and fossils and we also MD shell mound sites that are being washed away we have found spanish period coins and buttons and things in St.Pete. They found a confederate gunship on the Hillsborough river in good condition. I know of gold artifacts found on mound sites near Okeechobee made from spanish gold, rolled gold monkey bads, gold discs. There is a few spanish soldier burial in some shell mounds in St. Pete near a certain waterfront park, its on private property. A good guy named Kenneth Hughes from down in Palm Beach area has found dozens of fort sites ..Made some good finds I have a slave plantation 3 miles from house that is in pine grove, the black settlement that came from those slaves is called Bealsville. There is all kinds of history here, just start talking to locals who know their areas and putting things together.
We have so much construction/destruction going on it will keep you busy enough. good luck in your search

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions