General Lee Find!!!

ES66

Oct 3, 2008
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I hope the person that donated it, knew the value and intended to donate it.... Otherwise they're probably pounding their head against the wall, after seeing what it went for...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the person who donated it had absolutely no idea what they were getting rid of.

Here's the part that gets me-

“It would have gone to our outlet store where everything is sold by the pound,” Goodwill spokeswoman Suzanne Kay-Pittman said Thursday. She estimated the tintype would have fetched a dollar and change based on its weight.

If you believe that then I have some ocean front property in Arizona i'll sell ya. I frequent thrift stores weekly and they price their wares accordingly, not by weight. A tintype may have been priced at $25-$50 but not a dollar. I was in a Goodwill last week that had some Life magazines from the 60's for sale, they wanted $15 each. I could get the same ones for $5 on Ebay.

steif

Mar 2, 2007
diggumup,
I have one outlet store around here, they are run different than the goodwills in other stores. In the outlet store, it is sold by the pound. I think $1.99 for up to 20 pounds and then it drops to >99 pound for over 20. they sell everything like a regular goodwill, but it is in large roll around bins and you pick through it. The furniture and tv's they have individual priced, but the bins are all by the pound. The staff just unloads those huge pallets into bins and roll them out on the floor. There is anything from knives to clothes and books and everything else mixed together.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steif said:
diggumup,
I have one outlet store around here, they are run different than the goodwills in other stores. In the outlet store, it is sold by the pound. I think $1.99 for up to 20 pounds and then it drops to >99 pound for over 20. they sell everything like a regular goodwill, but it is in large roll around bins and you pick through it. The furniture and tv's they have individual priced, but the bins are all by the pound. The staff just unloads those huge pallets into bins and roll them out on the floor. There is anything from knives to clothes and books and everything else mixed together.
I'll have to check that out. I found one outlet store in my area about 15 miles from here. Thanks :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions