Gentlemen, start your suction dredges...

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gentlemen, start your suction dredges…

And ladies, too. :thumbsup:
The precipitation we’re getting in Arizona is setting up the opportunity to get out there and do some small-scale mining in the next couple weeks. The drainages of the Bradshaw mountains as well as some of the Sonoran desert washes should be flowing for awhile. Some of these will flow very briefly, others will flow for months. Low water-flow tricks will sometimes be necessary. Arizona is one of the few “sanctuary states” left for the small-scale miner. Best mining practices and reasonable environmental care always so that we may continue to be self-regulated. I have a couple dredging opportunities for someone as I have to take this season off, at least from hardcore mining. PM me for info and we’ll discuss by e-mail.

OP
OP
R

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a tip for those unfamiliar with the golden creamy geographic center of Arizona as well as for those perhaps new to the hunt....

Pickup a DeLorme "Arizona Atlas and Gazetteer", flip to pages 48 and 49. You see Prescott at the top, Wickenburg bottom left, Cave Creek bottom right. Within this vast triangle, many of the drainages are gold bearing.

Now, for more specific... there are two historical books that list most of the well known Az placers:
1 - "Placer Gold Deposits of Arizona" by Maureen Johnson
2 - "Arizona Gold Placers and Placering" by Eldred Wilson - I think this is the one with a nice, foldout map.

Of course, do all the necessary valid claim research first. Hopefully find something worth prospecting.
Happy digging.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread