jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Received A message From the First Member here 8-)
Those in the Know, Will Figure out who I mean.

note says : Look at this - I don't want to post it, but I myself would like to know if it's roman or something.

Where could you or I post it to ask "ya think it's real or fake - what is it?". I wonder if it's not roman and worth beaucoup

Gold rings and stones

found with metal detector ... Spain andalucia

Untitled1.jpg Untitled2.jpg

Sorry I doubt Very Much more Pictures will Be coming

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maine Roman Ring? 8 skates
Looks more like a neckless piece.
Very cool pc though! I like it!

Upvote 0

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10? stones. I thought some kind of astrology ring? Maybe, missing two stones. I'm no way a jewelry expert, the experts won't even let me take out the trash anymore.

I was trying to research it. From what I'm seeing on the really really old stuff ,is a lot of it had the high Karat look.Real Yellow!! I have had a few pieces in the past,of the high karat there is no mistaking it when comparing to 14k or 18k even. I can't tell from the pics. It looks really old! From just looking at designs on the net of ancient jewelry. Who knows! The color in the pics above looks more like a 10k to14k range? could just be the pics and lighting too.

I think it is a ring, My thinking on that is because of where everything is scrunched together to fit a finger. I would think if some other kind of jewelry? The stones and where they mount to the ring would have been spread out for more display and no worry of the mounts being in the way. If that twisted logic makes any sense at all!:tongue3:

For anyone to really even try to say, it was real or not? They would have to almost have to see it in person and really know the way things were made through out history and in different areas. Or Have really good detailed pics to take a guess.

Just some thoughts! :dontknow: For all I know it could have just been won at a Fair!:laughing7:
I'm still searching for the fun of it...If I find anything I'll post again.

Cool find!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wrist, ear, or finger size? I have found similar Googling "Roman Jewelry" but nothing with clumped hanging stone mounts like that.

And tell him "Hi!" from all of us.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrist, ear, or finger size? I have found similar Googling "Roman Jewelry" but nothing with clumped hanging stone mounts like that.

And tell him "Hi!" from all of us.

Hopefully he is Looking in, I sent him the link.

& Thanks :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is there any evidense it was worn as a necklace?ask him if any wear opposite the stones.likely not worn as a ring

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think this is a hanging Briolette finger ring, and since it has so many jewels, it was probably made to wear on the thumb.

Briolette ring.jpg

Super Find :)
Breezie

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread