Genuine vienna sausage can I'm pretty sure!

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went hunting in the burg about 3 hours. Ground is very wet still and I forgot my remote! Did remember bug spray though. Hunted with headphones only and really didn't see much difference. Found some CW bullets and a couple large shell fragments. After scraping the surface stuff off a recent frag I found I noticed it still had the fuse in it. I've never tried electrolysis before but I had the stuff and have it cooking now. I'll post a pic after it's done.

20180608_115418[1].jpg

Upvote 15

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt for only 3 hours.. I've found bullets like the one in the middle of your picture that had the same circular indentation on them. Is that from the ramrod?

OP
OP
P

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess so. I've heard that the dirtier the barrel was the harder it was to shove the bullet into place. Every bullet I've found here has been fired. It was no place to be in 1865.

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same with the ones I've found in Hopewell. The only ones that were not fired have been extracted. Which is strange because there were no battles that i know of in the area that i hunt but so far I've dug (52) 3 ringers (4) williams cleaners and (1) Burnside carbine from there, All fired.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone wants to hunt vintage Vienna sausage cans, Deviled ham cans, and smoked sardine/oyster/clam cans - with many flavors of beer cans interspeed between .....

Come on down to the E. fork of the Lewis river!

EVERY fishing hole bank I've beeped here has a variety of the above mentioned targets - easy lunch snacks, no refer needed and you could keep the beer cool in the river.

:BangHead:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Phishy, you rock. You get CW stuff every time you go. Well done as usual, please update us on the frag when cleaned.

Good show & congrats!

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you sure know your sausages

chub

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone wants to hunt vintage Vienna sausage cans, Deviled ham cans, and smoked sardine/oyster/clam cans - with many flavors of beer cans interspeed between .....

Come on down to the E. fork of the Lewis river!

EVERY fishing hole bank I've beeped here has a variety of the above mentioned targets - easy lunch snacks, no refer needed and you could keep the beer cool in the river.

:BangHead:

Thanks for that generous offer but I have run into quite the cache of vienna sausage can lids recently.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your generosity is noted!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice CW finds! :occasion14:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uh there was "canned foods" during the civil war --sutlers often sold then to troop --canned oysters --sardines and other such items were a welcome relief to salt pork and hardtack weary soldiers who could afford to obtain them...

OP
OP
P

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Molewacker I wish you'd give my yard a goin over. They got HUD housing for moles in my yard. I have four cats and I would guess they each kill one a week and they're still kickin.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome finds, a little of everything and very high in the cool factor. post a pic after finished! I would do a flip (ok, maybe a head bob) if I found any of that!

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Molewacker I wish you'd give my yard a goin over. They got HUD housing for moles in my yard. I have four cats and I would guess they each kill one a week and they're still kickin.

I wish I was closer to you as I take a perverse pleasure in molewacking - chased them with shovels, traps and 2 barn cats.

Keeps the neighbors amused -

I had a great cat, loved killing moles until he tried to hook on and got half of his toe pad bit off - no more mole gifts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread