Geodes in Southeastern Pennsylvania?

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

I’m looking to maybe try my luck at geode hunting. Are there geodes in this area? I’m right outside of Philadelphia in the suburbs. Just curious, as I know nothing about them but would love to start a collection if possible.

Thanks everyone!
Brett

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need to go to SE Iowa and W IL. Lots of geodes to be found. When they built the new interstate just north of Pittsfield, IL the construction workers made a pile of geodes as big as a car. I guess they were saving them. It was Sunday, no construction workers so we helped ourselves. Gary

Upvote 0

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A brief internet search reveals geodes aren't the main attraction for rockhounds in PA. You should search "rockhounding in Pennsylvania", to find a lot of info, and ideas.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both very much. I checked google as well and couldn’t find much. I will check out that site to read up on more.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread