GEODES

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Anyone know if the Dugway Geode beds are still open to the public. I remember going there while TDY to Dugway back in 86-88. Just wondering if they are still producing Geodes. I used to have about a hlf ton lying around my place but moved and didn't take them with me. Some had the most beautiful crystals inside, the rarest was a Amethyst pillar inside a 4 inch geode surrounded by pure white crystalin quartz, they sparkled like diamonds, but alas were not. Sure was a nice specimen though, Wish I could remember where/what I did with it.

The Army post there had one of the most extensive line of lapidary equipment i've ever seen in a military facility. Big 12 and 14 inch oil cooled saws, faceting wheels, sanders, mini saws, great little shop..

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you get out there let us know what you got!!! me and the family are going to try and get back out there before the weather turns to crap and judging by this weekend, thats not too far off.

OP
OP
C

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Wow things have changed. Now htey even have a bright colored sign to point the way. Next time I'm headed that way, I'll stop by and see what up.

Thanks for the info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread